Chapter 4

Jay and I sat in my hospital room alone. Complete silence filled the air. To be honest, I didn't know what to say. I'm not really sure he did either. 

 Finally, I decided to say something kinda random to try and break the silence. "So...You're the Gamma here?" 

 "Yes, I am." he answered. 

 "What's it like? I mean, my mom is the daughter of a Gamma, so I guess I know a little from just listening to her, but.." 

 "It's interesting. There's a lot of work to do, like there is for a Beta, Alpha, or Luna. My father was the best Gamma....I try to live up to his example. I don't let anything get in my way." I frowned a little, hoping he didn't mean me. What if I got in his way?? "So, your mother is the daughter of a Gamma?" Jay asked. 

 I nodded, pushing my thoughts aside. "Her father put her and her brother through training together. A couple years after she turned 16, she met my dad and moved to his pack. I never met my grandfather because he died shortly after Kian was born. My Uncle Chad, I saw as often as I saw Kian. He would come up for holidays and birthdays." 

 Jay nodded. "Which pack?" 

 "The Black Wolf Pack. The Alpha is friends with the Alpha from my parents' pack..." I stopped talking. Thoughts raced through my mind. What if my being here, put the Black Diamond Pack in danger?? What if the Black Wolf Pack joined forces with Alpha Richard and they go after me?? What if....Jay...Kian...Elisabeth...What if...They're killed..? 

 "What's troubling you, Beauty?" Jay asked. 

 I looked away from him. I knew he'd probably see the fear in my eyes. The tears...

 "Elena, look at me." Jay said in a firm, but gentle voice. I looked at him hesitantly. "Elena, I know you're scared this will put us in danger." I looked at him questioningly. Can he read minds? "I can see it in your eyes. It's written all over your face. But, I want you to know, my love, I will fight for you until I'm dead and gone. You are my mate, and I will never let you go. If you left, I'd hunt you down and go with you. I'll never leave you alone." I smiled at him. I could see he really meant what he said. "Now, my love, get some rest. I'll be right here when you awaken." I nodded as I held his hand. He made me feel so safe...If only mom and daddy could meet him...I know they'd love him...

 *A Couple Days Later*

 I was finally able to leave the hospital. Doctor Maya and her husband were surprised at how fast I was healing. It's normal for a wolf to heal fast, but it seemed as if I was healing faster than a wolf. Well, I guess that makes sense. I am a white tiger. I'm never gonna get used to that. 

 Jay had given me a quick tour of the pack. We were now on our way to the pack house. Jay lived there with the Alpha and Luna. I didn't ask why, but I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't curious as to why he didn't live with his family. 

 When we got inside, Alpha Joseph came up to us, looking grave. Luna Janie stood next to him. I could see Kian standing behind them. Elisabeth stood next to him. He didn't look happy. 

 "Joseph? What's wrong?" Jay asked, a serious look on his face. 

 "We found out what happened to your parents, Elena.." the Alpha answered. 

 "Are they ok??" I asked quickly. Ever since I left, I'd been really worried about my mom and dad. 

 "For now, yes. Our sources tell us that they have been put into the Alpha's prison." Luna Janie answered. 

 My eyes were wide. "What?! Why?! They never did anything wrong to deserve that!" 

 "They went against Alpha Richard's orders. He ordered them to tell him where you were, but they refused to answer. He's giving them some time to change their minds....With a few prompts...." Kian's voice was shaky. I could hear the anger and fear for our parents in his voice. I knew exactly what he meant by prompts. Torture. 

 Jay gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I looked up at him to see him giving me a small, reassuring smile. Jeez, his smiles are cute! 

 "We will do our best to save them, Elena. You have my word." Alpha Joseph told me in a firm, serious tone. I smiled and bowed my head in respect to him. 

 "Thank you, Alpha." 

 Misty whined a little. I didn't understand why or what she was upset about. She wouldn't tell me. She just said that she could sometimes sense when something bad was gonna happen. I didn't understand her. Neither did Jay when I told him a few days later. Misty had been on edge every day. Being with Jay helped a little, but we still felt...off.