Chapter 18

Joseph spent his time trying to find the spy. All of the top warriors, were in on all our meetings. They were all pretty nice. There was Don and Felicia, who was really cool. I'd never met a female warrior before. There was also Jake and Patrick. I'd hung out with them a few times and we were getting to be good friends. I was careful not to reveal any information to anyone. I only talked about these things to Janie, Elisa, Kian, and Jay.

 Rosalie, Ash, Kallan, and Elanor were welcomed by Joseph, Janie, Kian, and Elisabeth. Joseph allowed them to stay in the pack till they figured out what they wanted to do. Kian suggested they stay as pack members, but the four visitors refused, saying they didn't belong. They wanted a place of their own. A place that feels like home to them. I wonder sometimes what Kallan's situation back at his underwater home is like. He never wants to talk about it. 

Elisabeth, Rosalie, Elanor, Janie, and I were all at the mall, shopping. Elisabeth and Janie were talking excitedly about my mark and how I marked Jay. Rose and Elanor, I think they're a little confused about the marking process. 

 "Um...We don't mean to interrupt or be a bother, but can you possibly explain this 'marking' that has taken place?" Rose asked. 

 "Oh! Of course! It's no bother! We're sorry for keeping you girls in the dark like this. We're used to being around people who understand this." Elisa apologized. 

 "It's alright." Elanor said in her quiet voice. 

 "So, there are two steps to complete the mating process. The mate bond pulls us together and helps build on our love. When we feel ready, the male marks his mate. It's basically a bite." Janie explained. 

 "Yes. Soon after he has bitten down, the pain will turn to pleasure. And, it turns into a little picture, on the neck where he marked his mate, with his initials. Usually, the female doesn't mark her mate. But, sometimes, they do. Only with their mate's permission, however." I finished. The two nodded in understanding. 

 "And this mark symbolizes that you are taken?" Rose asked. I nodded. 

 Elanor smiled, looking at my mark in awe. "I wish I could bare Ash's mark...." she was the quiet, shy one among her friends. But, she was also passionate about her duties and, especially, about Ash, the fire fairy. 

 "I wish I could bare Kallan's! Can you imagine?! A little mermaid tail mark with his initials! Oh! And a pair of fairy wings for Ash's mark with his initials!" Rose said excitedly. 

 Janie, Elisa, and I smiled as we listened to the elf and fairy. I will admit, it did sound kinda neat, the way they imagined their marks. 

 We were in one of the clothing stores, looking through the clothing. Rose and Elanor both wanted a new outfit. They wanted a new look. They both were wearing the traditional elf and nature fairy look. They weren't really sure what they were going for, but they knew they wanted it different. Rose finally caught sight of a dress with an ombre effect of deep blue, light blue, and purple on the skirt. The bodice was a deep blue color. 

 She gasped at the sight of it and immediately took it off the rack. "Elanor, look! Doesn't this remind you of Kallan's tail?" Rose asked excitedly.

 "It does, in a way." Elanor replied, nodding with a smile.

 Janie, Elisabeth, and I smiled, looking at the dress and Rosalie. She seemed really happy with her choice. "Look at the size. Will it fit?" Janie asked.

 Rose looked at the tag. "It looks like it. Should I try it on?"

 "Hmm...Well, the price isn't that bad." Elisa mused, looking at the price tag. "And it does suit you. I say, go ahead."