Chapter 12

Jay came home from the hospital today. And, as I promised, I made him stay in bed. I was glad Joseph and Janie let me stay the night so I could look after him. One thing I now know about my mate. He hates being taken care of and, what he calls, 'Babied.' Well, I told him that whenever he needs it, that's what he's gonna get from me. My mate does not like being tied down. He likes to keep busy. Which is fine. But I do know it's good to settle down and have quiet time once in a while. I guess that's one good thing about Jay and I. We balance each other out. 

 "Elena, please, just let me take a walk!" 

 "How about no, Jay?" I smiled at my exasperated and restless mate. 

 "But why?? I'm fine! I promise, I will not go down to the training field! I'll get Joseph to go with me as proof!" 

 "Jay, you were in the hospital for over working yourself. As a result, you got a fever. You need to rest. Even the doctor said so! Like I said before, the only time you are getting out of that bed, unless you somehow manage to sneak out, is to go to the bathroom. And, there are no windows for you to climb out of in the bathroom, my love." Jay closed his eyes and groaned, leaning his head on the pillow. "I know this is hard for you, Jay. I admit, I don't like seeing you like this. But, in another way, it feels good to take care of you. And I will take good care of you. Tomorrow you will be back on your feet and we'll be able to do whatever you like. But, remember, no training for a week. Even Joseph said that. And he has people who will report it to him if you do." 

 "Only if I'm seen, Beauty." he smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm kidding! I promise I won't. Everyone in this pack knows I keep my promises. Especially those I make to those I consider family. And you, my beauty, are my family." We smiled at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes. 

 "I love you, Jay..." I whispered. 

 "I love you too, Elena..." he whispered just as softly. Misty was begging to be let out. She wanted to spend time with Jay. I smiled at her.

 "Jay, do you want to meet Misty?" I asked him. 

 "Your white tiger? Yes, of course! Perhaps, you and Misty would want to meet my wolf, Bolt?" 

 "I'd like that. I think Misty would too." I smiled.

 "I'd love that! Eek!" Mist squealed excitedly. I smiled at her before letting her take control. 

 "Elena, your eyes switched colors!" Jay exclaimed. 

 Misty smiled at him. "Hello, my mate. Yes, my eyes changed color. That's what happens when a white tiger takes control. I am Misty." 

 "Wow...That's interesting.." Jay breathed. 

 Misty stroked his hair. "It is." she replied. 

 "Can I see your form..? Like, could you shift..?" Jay asked, seeming nervous. 

 "Yes, of course, Jay." Misty smiled at him lovingly. With that, she stood up and we shifted. 

 Jay's eyes were wide as he stared at us. "Holy cheese and crackers....." he said quietly. "This is....This is amazing...I-I've never seen a white tiger, though that's obvious as they're extinct, or were extinct, and now I'm rambling like an idiot..." he groaned, face palming. Misty and I chuckled. 

 Misty leaped up onto his bed and licked his cheek in a kiss before lying down. Jay's eyes were wide, his cheeks red. Misty nuzzled him contentedly. Jay smiled down at us before petting and rubbing behind our ear.

 "I could get used to this..." Misty commented with a happy, content sigh. 

 "So could I...." I agreed. 

 It was a few minutes before we finally shifted back. Misty still had control. Jay closed his eyes and then, he opened them again. 

 "Hello, my love....I am Jay's wolf, Bolt. I must say, I've never seen anything more beautiful than you or your tiger form..." he spoke. Our cheeks were pink. 

 "It's nice to meet you, Bolt. I am Misty, Elena's white tiger." 

 "Well, the moon goddess certainly blessed me with the most beautiful mate in the world. And my beautiful mate has the most beautiful tiger." Oh my word this is nuts! My cheeks were probably as red as a strawberry.

 "Thank you, Bolt. But you know very well that many other men would argue with you on that." 

 "And they'd be wrong." Bolt replied. 

 Misty and I rolled our eyes. "Are you always like this?

 "No. I'm just trying to make a good impression I suppose...Why? Am I making myself look stupid?

 "No, no, no! Of course not, Bolt! It's very sweet of you. I think I'll give Elena control now. Let her meet you. I'll see you soon, Bolt.

 "See you soon, Misty." Bolt smiled as Misty gave me back control. Honestly, I didn't know what to say. My cheeks were still seriously red and my heart was thumping hard and fast. 

 "Hi, Elena. I'm Bolt. It's nice to meet you." 

 "N-nice to meet you as well, Bolt.." I said shyly. 

 "Is something wrong?" Bolt asked, eyeing me. 

 "No, no. I'm fine, really. So, are you as on the go as Jay?" I asked, changing the subject. 

 "I like to keep busy, yes. I also like to take it easy. Something Jay has yet to learn." He rolled his eyes. "He's rolling his eyes at me..." I giggled. That's Jay alright. 

 "You were against Jay's training like a maniac, right?" 

 "Yes. I knew that would happen. Though....I will admit, after your parents death, I was...for it.

 "Bolt!" I stared at him in disbelief. 

 "I wanted to make sure I was strong enough for when I was able to get my paws and jaws around that jerk's neck! My love, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry about your parents...I promise I will get justice for them, for Kian, and most of all, for you, my love. But, I promise, I will not support that kind of training again. And if there is a next time, I will try to take over and stop him." 

 "Th-thank you, Bolt..." my cheeks were pink as I smiled shyly. "But...You think there might be a next time...?" 

 He shrugged. "I don't know."

***********************************************************************************************

Ooo! Will there be a next time? What are our friends gonna do about Alpha Richard? My advice is, keep reading if you want to find out! Because I am not gonna tell you. Though, I will admit, I sometimes have a bad habit of telling people so much about a book or movie, they now don't need to read or watch it. I also don't explain it very well sometimes, but yea. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! What do you think of Bolt, Jay's wolf? I was thinking of naming him Spark (or Sparks) or Thunder. Both are cool names, I think. Spark is the name of a wolf in a book I was reading on here. Thunder just crossed my mind because I was thinking of names along that line. Like, Lightning. That also crossed my mind. Or Lightning Bolt. But, I went with Bolt in the end. And, I think I'm pretty happy with it. Anyways, I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Bye!