Chapter 49

Misty bit down on the Beta's neck before throwing him to the side, his body landing near the Gamma's. I looked over to the side to see Jay was still locked in battle with the alpha. Misty growled. If we can get rid of him or most of his followers, then it's over....Misty looked around at all the chaos around us. Everyone was locked in battle with rogues or pack wolves from my previous pack. My heart pounded, knowing what I had to do. I had to end Alpha Richard. That was not what I wanted to do but I had to. In order to protect my mate, friends, and the pack. This will not end until he is dead. I told Misty to give me back control and she did. I looked back at my mate and Alpha Richard.

  Jay had scratched his face and neck. The Alpha growled in pain before leaping onto Jay. He tried to go for his neck, but missed. He instead, bit down in his shoulder. Jay yelped, whining in pain. 

 I panted heavily as I watched this scene unfold. No one hurts my mate. I let out a loud, powerful roar, stopping Alpha Richard in his tracks. He looked at me in fear. I ran forward, leaping onto him, pinning this so called alpha to the ground. I looked into his gray eyes for a moment before biting down hard on his neck until I heard a snap. I released him, panting as I got off of him. I looked at his motionless body before shifting and walking over to Jay. 

 I knelt down beside him and looking him over. My heart ached at the sight of his bloody shoulder. Jay looked up at me. I smiled and stroked his dark gray and white fur. "It's done." I told him.

 The fighting around us had stopped. The enemy looked at the dead body of the alpha before looking at Jay and I, fear in their eyes. 

 At that moment, Joseph walked forward in his human form, wearing a pair of pants. His expression was firm and serious. "I am Alpha Joseph of the Black Diamond Pack. For those who do not wish to go rogue, you are welcome to join my pack. But, I must warn you all, if you do anything against Elena or anything against any of my pack members, you will be punished." 

 The rogues looked at him nervously. "Does that go for us as well....?" one of them asked quietly.

 "It does." Joseph nodded.

 The rogues looked at one another before some ran off. The rest of the rogues willingly joined the pack. Some of the warriors had retreated. Others remained, seeming unsure of what to do. 

 I stood up and looked at them. "I know you might be scared about joining another pack. All you've ever known was Alpha Richard...But I promise you, Alpha Joseph and Luna Janie are not like him at all. They really care about their pack. They will care about you too!"

 The warriors looked at one another. One of them walked forward slowly. He looked to be in his late-twenties. "I wanted to be a teacher. But he forced me to be a warrior. I wanted to switch packs because not only was my mate there, but my family was there as well. He refused my request, not believing a word I said. He didn't believe me when I said my grandmother had died and did not let me go say goodbye...." 

 I looked at him, my heart breaking for him and the rest of the pack. I had no idea how heartless the alpha actually was.... "I am so sorry..." I said quietly. 

 He shook his head. "It doesn't matter now. What I wanna know, is how do we know he won't control us the same way Alpha Richard did??" Some of the remnant of warriors nodded in agreement. I sighed, understanding how they felt. Some of them were born under his control. He's all they've ever known. 

 "I understand your concerns. You do have the freedom to leave and be with your family and mate now. I can assure you all, however, my wife and I will not ever treat you the way Alpha Richard did. He abused his power as Alpha. He never realized what a precious gift he had. Being Alpha is something that should not be taken lightly. As Alpha, a person has the ability to help people in so many ways. Not all of them take that responsibility seriously and they end up like Alpha Richard. But not all Alphas are bad, I promise." Joseph spoke up firmly but gently.

 Kian then walked up to us, smiling. He wore a pair of black pants, similar to Joseph's. "I know how you all feel...I was born in his pack but met my mate here. I was visiting with the alpha. He said it would be good for me as a warrior in training." Wait, that jerk forced my big brother to be a warrior and almost kept him from his mate?? Oh, how I would love to beat his butt some more right now..... "I met Elisabeth here and we got along very well. We marked one another on the day I was supposed to go back with Alpha Richard, which severed my bond with his pack. He was furious, but, he knew he couldn't do anything to me with a bunch of people watching. I was lucky enough to not be alone with him. Ever. So, he left and I stayed, becoming Beta to this pack, the mate of a beautiful woman, and the father of a sweet little girl." I had no idea Kian went through that. I knew it wasn't easy when they met. I was just never given the details.

 The warriors looked at one another before sighing and finally agreeing. Joseph smiled and walked over, placing his hand on the first warrior's shoulder. "I am glad that you all have decided to trust us. We will begin your transfer immediately and bring your families here. And you, young man, I will call the Alpha to your mate's pack. I promise you will be home shortly." 

 The warrior smiled brightly, tears forming in his eyes in disbelief. "Alpha Joseph.....Thank you! Thank you so much! After so long, I'll finally be able to start my life with my Lyra..."

 "She is lucky to have you, young man. And don't worry. I think you'll be able to make your dream of becoming a teacher come true." The warrior's smile grew wider at his words. All the warriors smiled brightly. I was glad they believed him. 

 I was glad they were accepting the hope we were offering. They would finally have a place to call their own. A place where they felt safe and cared for. A place that treated them not like prisoners, but like family and friends. In a way, that's what this pack is. One big family. Sure, there are people that are much closer than others, but everyone here is still treated like they belong. Like they're family.