Chapter 46

I was in the kitchen with Jay making some breakfast. Kian, Elisabeth, and I had come to the pack house for breakfast. Well, mainly for a meeting Kian had with Joseph and Jay. It had been a day since we caught the spy. Jay, Joseph, and Kian were going to question him today straight after breakfast. I felt relieved, knowing we caught him. But I'm also scared. Jay was right. This means that Alpha Richard will know something is wrong when he doesn't hear from Don. This means that Alpha Richard could come at any minute.

 "Beauty, what's making you nervous?" Jay asked suddenly, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I smiled as I relaxed into his embrace. 

 "I'm just thinking about Alpha Richard....It's alright though." 

 "Are you sure....?" he asked softly.

 I chuckled, turning around to face him. "Yes, I'm sure. I'm alright. Now, let me flip these pancakes or they'll burn." Jay chuckled and let me go. I turned back around and flipped the pancakes. 

 Jay got out the plates and some forks. "I'll get the others and see if Alec feels up to eating."

 "Is he still not feeling well?" I frowned, looking at him.

 "He felt like he was going to throw up last night."

 "How do you know..?" I asked, confused.

 He shrugged and simply said, "I woke up in the middle of the night and found him outside his room looking for the bathroom. He got lost looking for it, I suppose."

 "Did he get sick?"

 "I helped him to the bathroom but nothing happened. Just a bad stomach ache, I guess. He did let me hug and comfort him." Jay gave a small smile.

 I smiled at him. "That's good...Is he alright?"

 "He was very tired but alright when I brought him back to his room last night. I haven't seen him yet this morning." 

 I nodded in understanding. "I'm glad you were there last night." 

 "Me too, Beauty," Jay said quietly, kissing my cheek. "I'll be back."

 I nodded and watched as he left. After he was gone from sight, I turned off the pan and put the pancakes onto a platter, which held more pancakes. I placed the platter on the table in the dining room before filling a couple mugs with coffee for Kian and Joseph. I added some cream before placing them on the table. 

 It wasn't long before Jay returned with everyone. To my surprise and delight, Alec stood there, wrapped in Vicky's arms. He looked....horrible...But I'm not going to tell him or Vicky that. His hair was completely black and his eyes were shifting between black and red.

 "Is there enough for Ben...?" Lily asked quietly.

 I smiled at her. "Of course. I had a feeling you'd be having breakfast with him. I was hoping it would be here."

 "Really?" 

 I laughed. "Lily, you've been having breakfast with your mate ever since you met him. And we have yet to get to know him. Now, go get your mate. The food is ready." Lily nodded enthusiastically before hurrying away. I smiled as I watched her run off before turning to Alec. "How are you feeling, Alec? It's nice to see you up and about."

 Alec nodded slowly. "I'm ok..." he mumbled. I nodded slowly, not completely sure if I believed him. He possibly just came down so he could be with Vicky. I've noticed he's quite clingy. Especially when he isn't feeling well.

 "Why don't we sit down and eat? These chocolate chip pancakes look so good..." Kian suggested. Elisa and I chuckled, before we all sat down to eat. It wasn't long before Ben and Lily came walking in. 

 "Good morning, Ben. It's nice to see you." I smiled at him.

 "Um...G-good morning, Miss Elena...It's nice to see you too.." Ben stuttered. 

 "You're welcome to join us." Joseph invited. Ben nodded and before sitting down, Lily sitting beside him.

 We talked while we ate. We got to know Ben a little bit more. He was a nice boy. A little awkward but nice and kind. When we finished, Jay, Kian, and Joseph excused themselves to go down to see Don.

 "Excuse me, Alpha, but might we join you?" Ash spoke up.  He and the others had been pretty quiet since we caught Don.

 "I'm sorry, Ash. But this is a meeting for just Jay, Kian, and myself. We will tell you everything that happens, however, when we finish." Joseph told him.

 "Yes, sir. Thank you," Kallan nodded. Joseph nodded before walking away, Jay and Kian following close behind.

 "Well, I'll go do the dishes." Janie stated, standing up.

 "I'll help, Janie." I offered.

 "Me too." Elisa nodded, smiling. She held Little Evelyn in her arms. 

 "Thank you, Elena, Elisa, for the offer, but it's fine. I can do it myself." Janie smiled at us.

 I gave a small frown. "Are you sure, Janie?"

 "I'm sure." Janie replied before walking into the kitchen, her mug and plate in hand.

 "Is everything alright with the Luna...?" Kallie asked.

 "I'm not sure...I'll find out." I stood up, taking my dishes and walking away. I found Janie leaning against the counter, her head in her hands. I put my dishes down and went over to her, putting my hand on her shoulder. She jumped and looked at me. "What's wrong, Janie?"

 "I just...I want to tell Joseph so badly about the baby...But with all that's going on....I just can't....He's going to be mad at me, I know it..." she said softly. She looked down at her stomach and smiled a little. "Joseph and I have talked about having children for a long time...We started trying just a year after we married...We always loved children and the thought of becoming parents thrilled and excited us...I can see how happy he is when we talk about it. I want to tell him. I tried yesterday! But I don't know how to tell him...He's so busy trying to plan for the attack that I simply don't know what to do. We haven't spent much time together lately....Yesterday I was so happy we spent time together...We spent the whole day together when we got home!"

 I smiled at her. "It'll be alright...He loves you. I'm sure he'll understand why you didn't tell him before. But I think you should tell him soon....Before he finds out some other way."

 "You're right....I'll try to tell him later today. I just hope he's in a good mood." Janie stated.

 "If not, the news of a baby might just put him in a good mood." I chuckled a little. I knew Joseph might be frustrated with her for not telling him when she first found out. But I understand why she didn't. She didn't want him worrying about her and the baby all the time. She wanted his focus to be on the situation at hand. I hoped he'd realize that. I hoped he wouldn't be too frustrated.