Chapter 32

Well, the past several days have been.....Tense...Between Jay and I. And I can't stand it. I'm frustrated with him, he's frustrated with me, need I say more?

 And, to make things worse, my brother seems to be avoiding him! I am stressed right now with what is going on. And I can't join the guys in fighting until Jay agrees! Which he won't do easily....

 I was currently sitting on the beach beside Elanor. Kallan, Ash, and Rosalie were showing me what they can do. Elanor is an elf, so she really doesn't have any abilities. Kallan was still pretty sore from his injuries so he was taking it easy. 

 Rose flew up into the air and grew many different kinds of flowers and plants. 

 Kallan dove into the water. I admired his shimmering blue tale. In his merman form, he had two blue water-drop marks on his face. One for each eye. His torso was wrapped in a white bandage. He's lucky it's waterproof....Anyways, he raised his arms and summoned a wave that came and watered the plants.

 "Kallan, you over watered them again!" Rose exclaimed. 

 "Sorry, Rose!" the merman called up to her. 

 "It's fine. You do it so often I'm used to it." Rosalie laughed. Kallan blushed red with embarrassment. "Your turn, Ash! Just don't burn the flowers this time."

 Ash rolled his eyes and transformed into his fairy form. He flew up into the air and I watched as he set fire to the soaking wet plants. I watched in amazement as the fire seemed to lick up the excess water. And before it could reach the beautiful flowers Rose had grown, the fire ceased. 

 Ash and Rose landed and transformed to their human form. Kallan came up out of the water, a pair of legs replacing his tail. He wore an ocean blue swimsuit. The three walked over to me and bowed.

 Elanor and I clapped, smiling. "Amazing." I declared.

 "That's just some of what we can do. Kallan, for example, can control water from anywhere! He doesn't have to be in the water." Rose declared.

 "That is really cool." I smiled.

 "You know I always like when you show me your powers." Elanor smiled wistfully.

 Ash walked up to her, taking her in his arms. "You don't need powers, Elanor....You are special enough just the way you are." the fire fairy smiled at her.

 "Thank you, Ash.." Elanor said softly. 

 I suppose sometimes she wished she had powers like them. Which I can understand. When I was little, I wanted to be a super hero with all kinds of powers. I could never make up my mind...But, yea. As I grew up, I changed my mind. Sometimes I wouldn't mind having a special ability. Like the ability to read minds. Especially lately.....

 At that moment, Joseph mind-linked me. "I can't reach Jay. Could you find him? I asked Kian, but he's either ignoring me or his link is closed. I swear if Jay is doing something stupid...."

 "I'll find him, Joseph." I told him. "I'll also check with Kian."

 "Thank you." he responded. 

 I closed the mind-link and looked over at my companions. "I need to go find my brother and Jay. Can you find your way back ok?" 

 "We should be fine. Go ahead, princess." Kallan replied. 

 I smiled and nodded before hurrying away. Ok, so I probably know where my mate is. I'll head that way and if I run into Kian, then I can talk to him first. Then I'll go give Jay a piece of my mind. 

 I wasn't really expecting to run into Kian, but I actually did. He was sitting on a bench in the park. The park was on the way to the training field. I called to him, getting his attention. 

 "Elena? I thought you were with Kallan, Elanor, Ash, and Rose. Everything ok?" he asked. 

 I sat down beside him and shrugged. "I don't know. Joseph said he tried to mind-link you but you weren't answering. And, he can't reach Jay. Since I found you first, I'll deal with you first, big brother. Now, why are you avoiding Jay?" Kian looked away from me, remaining silent. "Kian, please...I'm your sister. You can tell me anything."

 Kian finally sighed, looking up into the distance. "I guess I'm just...Nervous around him lately..."

 "Why??" I asked, confused.

 "Because I was the one who helped the rogues put him in the hospital, sis!"

 "It was an accident, brother...I believed you when you told me that. You were confused and accidentally attacked Jay. He knows that. He isn't mad at you. If he is mad at anyone, it's me. Because I want to fight and he won't let me. Kian, don't blame yourself...It was an accident..." 

 "I know..." my brother mumbled.

 I put my arm around him. "Maybe you could talk to him. It might help some.."

 "Maybe..." Kian turned to me and smiled. "Thanks, Lena.."

 "No problem." I smiled back at him. "Now to go find my stubborn mate.....I am going to slap him if he is training...."

 "You and me both. I'll come with you if you want." Kian offered.

 I nodded. "Ok then. Let's go." I smiled as we stood up and walked away.