Chapter 31

"I won't allow it, Elena. It is out of the question!" Jay explained. He sat up in his hospital bed, looking at me with a firm, frustrated look on his face.

Joseph, Kian, Janie, and even Jeff were here with me visiting him. Jeff's mate, Kiera, stood behind him, hiding herself a little. She was a little shy sometimes. I could tell she didn't like conflict. Kallan, Ash, Rosalie, and Elanor were with us.

"I am not going to sit on the sidelines while you are fighting, Jay! I can fight and I will fight. I'm a White Tiger. I am more powerful than a wolf and you know it." I retorted. We were having that talk I needed to have with them. I held it off for a day or two until I knew Jay was strong enough to handle it.

"Elena-" Joseph began, his voice firm.

"No, Joseph! I will be fighting alongside you from now on. I want to get my paws on the man who killed my parents. But more than that, I want you all to be safe. Alpha Richard is strong, and so are his warriors.-"

"So, you don't have faith that we'll be just fine? That we can handle it? That our warriors can handle it?" Kian asked, his arms crossed.

"Kian-"

"No, Elena! You are my little sister! Our parents are dead. I can't lose you too."

"Kian, I know our parents are dead. I know biologically, we only have each other. But that is why I want to fight. I want to make sure you come out alive. I want to make sure Jay comes out alive. Heck! I want to make sure you all come out alive." I told him. I was not backing down. I will somehow, be fighting with them. I will find a way.

Everyone in the room was silent. Jay remained firm and serious. He wasn't going to back down from his decision, but, neither was I. We were both stubborn I guess.

Finally, Kallan broke the silence. He stepped forward, sighing. "For years, I've suffered and gone along with what my parents did to me. I was weak and too afraid to stand up to them. But Princess Elena is not afraid. I admire that." he looked at me with a smile. I gave him a small smile back. "The White Tigers and merfolk were allies all those centuries ago. They helped and defended each other in their time of need. The White Tigers were a strong and powerful race. They were stubborn and smart. They were loyal and brave. They were kind, compassionate, and a friend to all in need. They were exactly what a good ruler should be..." Kallan looked down at the ground.

Rosalie walked up to him, putting her hand on his shoulder and smiling at him. "It's alright, my Saltwater Sweetheart..." she spoke softly before turning to us. "Crown Princess Elena has shown that she is a true leader. That she can be a good ruler. She's strong. She won't back down easily. She will not go down without a fight."

"We understand you all are afraid of losing her. We are too. Not just because it is our duty to protect her. But because we think of her as apart of our family." Ash spoke up, looking at us firmly. "If you don't allow her to fight, she'll only find a way to do it anyway. Trust me. I know very well what that's like." We looked at Ash curiously. He rolled his eyes. "I'm dating an elf and I'm not supposed to. Does that tell you guys anything about what I do back home??"

Elanor giggled a little when we didn't respond. "Ash sometimes gets a little rebellious. Not often, because we're there to keep him in line. He likes to pull pranks on others." she explained.

"Is that why I couldn't find my paperwork the other day....??" Joseph stared at the couple.

"And why I found my favorite dressing robe in the shower?" Janie asked, her eyebrow raised. I glanced at Jay, who's eyes were closed, a look of embarrassment on his face.

"Yes. It is." Ash replied nonchalantly, without the slightest bit of guilt in his voice.

"You do realize those papers were very important, right?" Joseph asked, his hands balled up into fists. Jay's face was red.

"Yea, and?" Ash shrugged, like it was no big deal.

"Jay, did Ash pull a prank on you?" I asked slowly. His face was really red. He looked really embarrassed. At first he looked down and mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"What was that, bro?" Kian asked, confused.

"The other day when I finished training, I went to the men's locker room to shower and change." he spoke in a low tone. He glared at Ash, who looked like he was going to burst out laughing at any second.

"And...?" Janie asked curiously.

"And he took my clothes! I couldn't find my clothes when I got out of the shower!" My eyes went wide, my face red. Ash and Jeff burst out laughing. We stared at them. Jay's face was as red as can be, as he glared at the two. "It's not funny." he growled, only making them laugh louder.

"Jeff, were you in on this...?" Joseph asked, raising an eye brow.

"Yes, Alpha," the Australian warrior replied, smiling, as he tried to hold back his laughter. "Ash wanted to pull a prank on him and I offered my help."

"Yep. I couldn't get into the men's locker room on the training field, seeing as I'm not a warrior or something like that. So, I got Warrior Jeff's help." Ash stated.

Rose elbowed him, making him look at her, rubbing his arm. "That was naughty, Ash." she remarked, but she was smiling.

Jay rolled his eyes, as everyone in the room laughed. "Alright, if we're all done laughing at my embarrassment, let's get back to what we were talking about before."

We all calmed down, smiling. Kiera smiled softly from where she stood behind Jeff. "If I may have permission to speak, Alpha, Luna..." she said softly.

"Of course, Kiera. Go ahead." Joseph smiled kindly at the vampire girl.

Kiera nodded and came out from behind Jeff. "I've seen Miss Elena fight and train. She is very good and can easily handle herself."

Jay still looked determined to not allow me to fight at all. I rolled my eyes. "Look, guys, I'm not asking to become a warrior or anything! I just want to be able to fight with you until this thing blows over. Afterwards, I'll think about staying put."

Joseph sighed, looking from Jay, Janie, and Kian. "It's against my better judgement, but," he took a deep breath before continuing. "I'll allow it-"

"What?! Joseph!" Jay exclaimed, looking like he was going to charge at him.

"Jay, calm down!" I declared firmly.

"You didn't let me finish my sentence, Jay." Joseph stated, his arms crossed. Jay remained silent, not saying a word. He did not look happy at all. "I'll allow it if I have everyone's ok. Not just mine. I know my wife like I know my own name. I know I have her ok." Joseph smile at Janie, who's cheeks were red.

"Yes, honey. You have my ok." Janie chuckled.

Kian looked at me before sighing heavily. "As much as I hate this, I think....I think you can really handle yourself sis....If you promise to be careful and not die, then I will agree."

I smiled and laughed before going over and hugging my big brother. "I promise, brother." I then looked over at my mate. He frowned. "Jay...?"

There was complete silence in the room. I waited with baited breath for Jay's answer. It looked like he was debating with his wolf. Finally, he spoke. "No, Elena. I won't agree."