Chapter 9

"Elena, is everything alright?" Kian asked me. I shook me head, but before I could answer, Joseph, Janie, and Elisa came running into the room. Elisabeth was holding Evelyn. 

 "Jay's collapsed!" Joseph exclaimed. 

 "W-what?! Where is he?! Is he ok??" 

 "A warrior just informed me. He's been taken to the pack hospital. It doesn't look good." 

 My eyes were wide, my heart racing. I didn't wait for anyone to say anymore. I ran out of there and shifted, before running off to the hospital. I knew running in my tiger form would be faster. Another good thing about being a tiger. We can go faster than wolves. When I got to the hospital, I shifted back and hurried in. 

 "I'm looking for Gamma Jay. Can you show me to his room?? Is he ok??" I asked the nurse behind the counter. 

 "Whoa, miss, calm down. I assume you're his mate?" she asked. I nodded quickly. "Come with me, ma'am." with that, she led me to Jay's room. "He should be alright. He worked himself pretty hard. Harder than last time it seems...He does have a fever. We are doing all we can to bring it down." We stopped in front of a door with a window. A gasp escaped my lips, tears forming in my eyes. Jay....."You can go in, miss." the nurse told me. 

 I nodded slowly, not taking my eyes off my mate. I slowly entered the room and walked up to his bed. He was unconscious. "Oh, Jay....What have you done...?" I asked quietly, my voice cracking. I sat down in a chair beside him, taking his hand in mine. Tears rolled freely down my cheeks as I looked at him. He looked hot, his hair in disarray. 

 At that moment, I heard someone enter the room. I turned to see Elisabeth and the baby, Kian, Joseph, and Janie standing there. I sighed and turned back to Jay. "I'm sorry I ran out like that...I was just so scared...So worried...I already lost mom and daddy...I can't lose him too..." I said softly. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Janie standing beside me. 

 "We understand, Elena. It's ok. We're worried too. He's always trained really hard. We tried to warn him, but he never listened..." She sighed. 

 Joseph came up and took her in his arms. "He'll be ok. He's strong. But......" he trailed, looking away from me. I frowned. 

 "But what?" I asked. 

 He sighed. "Jay most of the time doesn't feel he's strong enough. Jay is.....afraid...." My mate? Afraid? Of what?? 

 "What do you mean? Why? What-what happened...?" 

 "You're gonna have to ask him that. I don't think it's my place to tell you." 

 I looked back at Jay. "You have a really hard past.....Don't you, Jay...?" I whispered so low no one could hear me. Misty whined and begged to be let out. I finally sighed and gave in. "Guys, Misty wants control. She wants him to know she's here for him, I think." I told the four with me. They nodded. 

 I could see they were a little nervous. They'd never met my tiger before. I closed my eyes, giving Misty control. When we opened our eyes, our onlookers gasped in shock, their eyes wide. 

 "Holy moly your eyes changed color!" Kian exclaimed. My eyes changed color? I had no idea that happened. My eyes are normally hazel. 

 Misty smiled. "That's what happens when someone is a white tiger and their tiger takes control, Kian." she replied. "I'm Misty, Elena's tiger. It's nice to meet you all." Interesting about the eyes...Hm. Anyways, back to the story. 

 "It's nice to meet you as well, Misty," Elisabeth spoke quietly. 

 We turned to Jay, our hand still holding his. Tears rolled down our cheeks. "It's ok, my mate...I am Misty, Elena's tiger." she whispered in his ear. I'm not sure if he can hear us or not, but I honestly hope he can. "We're always going to be here for you, my mate....Don't worry...No matter what happens, you'll never be alone." Misty may have said that, but to be honest, I meant those words too. He's my mate and I love him with all my heart.