Chapter 26

It's been a few days. Kallan is still in the hospital. He's doing well, the doctor says, and he might be able to come home soon. But he would need a lot of rest.

 Jay and I are currently on our way to the hospital now to visit him. I am pretty sure Rose is with him now. She doesn't want to leave him there all alone, and honestly, I understand completely where she's coming from. 

 Jay and I had just pulled up in front of the hospital. Jay smiled as he opened my door for me to help me out. I smiled as I stepped out of the car. Jay suddenly frowned a moment, his eyes glazing over. When they went back to normal, Jay picked me up and put me back in the car.

 "Jay, what's going on??" I asked quickly, a little concerned.

 "Rogue attack." he said simply. "There's something else out there, though. Something dangerous. I want you to stay here with the doors and windows locked. Don't open them for anyone except me. Understand?"

 "Jay, no! I can help!"

 "Out of the question, Elena." was all he said before shutting the door. 

 I pounded on the door and pleaded for him to let me out. But he didn't acknowledge my pleading. I could see Jeff, Jay's Australian sparring partner, come running up to him. I suppose they were going to guard the hospital...

 Ok, now, I know very well Jay told me to stay put. I know he's worried about me and wants to keep me safe. And I appreciate his concern. But, I am a White Tiger. I've learned I'm stronger and more powerful than a wolf. I also know very well that Jay is going to be pretty angry with what I am about to do. I hid the keys under the passenger seat before leaping out and shifting into my White Tiger.

 I made sure I was hidden. My plan was not to be caught, but make sure Jay was alright. At that moment, I saw a bunch of rogues charging towards Jay and Jeff. The two immediately shifted and locked into battle. My eyes were wide. There were too many rogues for them to handle on their own...

 I growled before letting out a powerful roar of anger. Jay, Jeff, and the rogues looked over at me. Jay gave me a warning look, but I didn't heed it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ash and Rosalie rush out of the hospital. They transformed from their human form to their fairy form. 

 "We are at your command, Princess Elena." Ash spoke.

 "Elanor is making sure Kallan doesn't get out of that bed." Rose said. I nodded, grateful for their help.

 I motioned them to help Jay and Jeff fight off the rogues before charging forward. No one hurts my mate.

 I growled ferociously as I bit down hard on the neck of a rogue that had pinned Jay. At that moment, a strange scent reached my nose. I frowned, confused. I also noticed the other wolves had caught it too. I could see Jeff seemed especially infatuated...As if he could sense his mate...

 At that moment, I saw two blurs run towards us and straight behind us. I spun around, my eyes wide as I saw each blur grab a rogue. I had no idea rogues were behind me ready to attack. The blurs stopped running and stood before me. They were two people....Blackish red hair, red eyes, and black and red clothes. They dropped the rogues in front of me. Ash and Rose hovered in the air, their eyes wide in shock as they stared at the two.

 The girl looked behind me, staring at something, her eyes wide in awe. That is, until the boy elbowed her, making her look back at me. They bowed to me in respect.

 "My princess." they spoke in unison.

 "Vampires!" Misty exclaimed. 

 "Vampires?!" I stared at her, wide-eyed.

 "Yes! The White Tigers were a friend to vampires. Vampires often kept to themselves and minded their own business. But, they always came when the White Tigers needed them. They were often gone before anyone had a chance to thank them for helping."

 "Did my kind protect them as well?"

 "No. They never knew where they lived or when they needed help, so they were unable to help protect the vampires."

 I nodded and shifted back. "You may rise." I spoke gently to the two vampires. The two rose, but kept their heads down. "I am Elena. What are your names?"

 "I am Alec. And this is my twin sister, Kiera. We were hunting in the woods when we heard your powerful roar. We have come to serve you, my princess." the boy spoke.

 I smiled. Jay came walking up to me in his wolf form still. He looked up at me, confused, clearly wanting an explanation. I chuckled a little. "It is nice to meet you, Alec, Kiera. This is my mate, Gamma Jay. We thank you for your help."

 "Of course, princess." Kiera said. 

 I knelt down and pet Jay's wolf. "These are vampires, Jay. Long ago, they helped protect the White Tigers. The White Tigers weren't able to protect them, however, because they never knew where they lived or when they were in trouble." Jay nodded and looked at the two siblings warily.

 "We are a proud race, Gamma Jay. We do not accept help from anyone easily." Kiera spoke up. "We have never asked for help and we are proud of that fact." 

 At that moment, Jeff came walking up. He had shifted back and threw on a pair of pants. He walked up to Kiera and gently placed his hand on her chin, raising her head to look at him. "My beautiful mate."