Chapter 25

Caspian's gaze was hard and cold. Kallan looked down sadly. Rose held his hand comfortingly, though both she and Elanor were confused as well as concerned.

 "Kallan is stubborn. Especially when it comes to the woman he loves." He smiled at his brother fondly before continuing. "Mother and father wanted him to marry Coral. But he always refused and gets into a fight with them. Usually the fights end up in.....punishments...." Caspian's eyes were cold and dark with anger.

 Our eyes went wide. My blood ran cold at his words. Jay gripped my hand tightly. I looked at him and frowned at the angry look on his face. I held him tightly in my embrace. Janie and Elisa held their mates. Evelyn was being held by Elisabeth as her head rested on a shaking Kian's shoulder. 

 "These so called 'punishments', do they include spears?" Rose asked, frowning.

 "Yes...." Kallan spoke so quietly, it was hard to hear him. 

 Jay growled loudly in anger. I watched in shock as his eyes glazed over. I knew instantly his wolf, Bolt, had taken over. "How dare they harm him!"

 "Bolt! Jay! Calm down!" I said, holding him tighter. Bolt looked down at me and wrapped me in his arms, taking in my scent. I could feel him calming down slowly. Bolt was still there, but he wasn't raging and screaming. The fairies, merfolk, and elf girl all stared at us, their eyes wide in fear. "It's alright," I reassured them. "His wolf has taken over. But he won't harm anyone."

 "My mate is correct. I, as well as Jay, look at you, Kallan, Rose, Elanor, and Ash, as family. I do not hurt family. I hurt those who hurt my family." Bolt told them, the last part of his sentence cold and serious. His eyes were dark and cold. I continued to hold him, not letting him go.

 Caspian nodded slowly, looking unsure. He held Coral in a protective manner. Is it my imagination, or do these two seem like they kinda like each other? 

 "I went back early this morning...Although Ash told me not to..." Kallan spoke, glancing at Ash.

 "I woke up early to see this idiot leaving his room, fully dressed with his sandals on. I knew immediately where he was going. I told him not to go, but did he listen? No! Of course not!" Ash remarked.

 "Not the time, Ash." Elanor quietly scolded. Ash just shrugged and looked at Kallan apologetically.

 "Why did you go back to Navaria?" I asked gently, looking at Kallan.

 He sighed, lying his head back on the pillow. "I needed to update mother and father on the situation up here. They wanted me to report to them every two days. They weren't happy that I hadn't been updating them every two days...And they weren't happy when I explained to them the entire situation and my decision to stay and watch over you anyway." He looked up at Jay and I. "They said almost the same thing the fairy queen said..."

 "They told Coral and I to leave the room. We did, but stayed right outside, where we heard everything. I watched through a crack and saw what was going on." Caspian's hands balled up into fists. He was angry. 

 "We understand." Janie spoke gently. "What matters now, is how we deal with this."

 "Right." Coral nodded in agreement, giving her a small smile.

 "Brother, mother and father told me if you do not return within the next 24 hours, you will be stripped of your title and no longer welcome in Navaria." Caspian spoke, turning to Kallan, who's eyes were wide.

Jay, who had taken back control, growled. "I am not allowing him to go back to that place." he said in a threatening tone. Bolt still lingered in his eyes.

 "Jay, I have to..." Kallan said quietly. "I'm the crown prince....It's my duty to-"

 "I agree with Gamma Jay, brother." Caspian interrupted, surprising not only us, but Kallan as well.

 "What?!" Kallan exclaimed.

 "Calm down, my love...Please..." Rose said in a gentle, pleading voice.

 Caspian took a deep breath and approached the bed. He took his brother's hand in his and looked at him solemnly. "Kallan, we've always looked out for one another. You have always protected me. It's time for me to return the favor. This is the only way to protect you. And the only way for you and your love to be together." 

 "Don't worry...You'll be able to return one day...Navaria wouldn't be the same without you, Kal." Coral gave him a small smile, walking over and taking Caspian's hand in hers.

 Kallan raised an eyebrow and smiled. "You two like each other. Don't you?"

 "Yes." Caspian said without hesitation. Coral's cheeks were red. We all chuckled a little. I had a feeling they were closer that just friends. "We're secretly dating. Though, I suppose, we can begin dating openly after we get back." Caspian smiled at Coral before turning back to Kallan. "Kal, I want you to stay here. I trust they will take good care of you."

 "We will." Jay said, giving a small smile. I smiled up at him. He was reasonably calm and I think he's finally warmed up a little to Caspian and Coral. "I promise you, Prince Caspian, your brother will be in safe hands. I will not let anyone harm him as long as I am alive."

 Caspian turned to smile at Jay. He  bowed himself before him. "Thank you, Gamma Jay."

 Jay bowed his head in respect to the merprince. "You don't need to thank me. I always protect my family."

 Caspian stood up and gave a warm smile before turning to Coral and Kallan. "We must go back now. I imagine you have some explaining to do to your girlfriend and friend here."

 "Yea..." Kallan looked down, looking a little guilty.

 "Take care of yourself, my brother. We will come visit you down at the beach." 

 "I will...Bye, little brother..."

 "Goodbye, big brother." Caspian smiled at Kallan before taking Coral's hand. "Shall we go, my Coral Cutie?"

 Coral blushed and smiled. "Yes. Bye, Kallan. We'll see you soon."

 "Bye, Coral.." Kallan smiled up at her. With that, Coral and Caspian left the room.

 We turned back to Kallan. "I think we should go now and let you rest." Joseph said.

 "Is it alright if we stay here a few minutes?" Rose asked.

 "Of course, Rose. We'll see you back at the pack house." Joseph replied, smiling at her.

 "We'll see you four soon." Kian smiled. "Do what the doctor tells you, Kallan. Don't do anything dumb like some people I know." he looked over at Jay, who rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

 "Well, if that's all, we really should get going. I told Jeff I'd meet him for training out on the field." Jay said quickly, averting his gaze. Kallan, Elanor, Rose, and Ash looked a little confused. I chuckled a little as Jay took my hand. "We'll see you all later!" With that, Jay almost dragged me out of the room. 

 "Kian likes to embarrass me." Jay remarked, shaking his head as we walked.

 "He was just picking on you, my love." I smiled up at him. "He does that with the people he cares about. I think he gets it from our uncle. He doesn't mean to embarrass you. He just wants you to take better care of yourself."

 Jay sighed and nodded, looking at me with a smile. "I guess you're right, my beauty. I love you."

 "I love you too, my Sweet Gamma."