Chapter 5

Jay and I spent a lot of time together over the next few days. He even asked Alpha Joseph to give him a few days off so he could spend them with me! He is so darn sweet! Like, Jay is amazing. He's so sweet and thoughtful. A little cold and serious, but I can really tell he cares.

 I feel like his being cold and almost turned off about his feelings, other than his feelings towards me, the Alpha and Luna, my brother, and Elisabeth, has something to do with his past. I never asked him about it. But, now that I think about it, he doesn't really talk about his family or his past. The only time I remember him mentioning his family, was when he was talking to Kian back in my hospital room. 

 Jay and I were having a picnic. It had been a few weeks since I came here. "So, what do you like to do in your spare time, Jay? When you aren't working, I mean." 

 "Does spending time with you count?" he smirked. 

 I rolled my eyes. "You are so corny." I laughed. 

 "Well, it's true!" he defended. 

 "Ok, how about before we met. What did you like to do then?" 

 He shrugged. "Um...Train?" I sat there, my eyes wide. What? My mate trained in his spare time?? 

 "What about watching movies or reading or something??" I asked. 

 He shrugged again and shook his head. "I never really had time for those after I became Gamma. After I became Gamma, I trained as hard as I could, whenever I could." 

 "That would put you in the hospital, Jay!" I exclaimed, staring at him. He looked down at the ground. Oh, Jay.... "Jay, have you been in the hospital before because of this? Overworking yourself?" He nodded quietly. I could see a sad look in his eyes. "Why, Jay?" I asked softly, crawling over to him. 

 "I don't want to talk about it..." he remarked quietly. He shook his head and turned to the picnic basket. "We'd better eat before it's time to get back." I nodded slowly in agreement and took a small bite of fried chicken. What was my mate hiding from me..?

 After Jay had brought me back to my brother's house, where I was staying, I was greeted by both Kian and Elisabeth. 

 "So?~ How was it??" Elisabeth asked.

 I smiled. "It was fun." I responded. 

 "He did take care of you, right?" Kian asked. 

 "Yes, big brother, he did." 

 "Well, let's go up to your room so you can tell me every detail." Elisabeth replied, leading me up the stairs. 

 "Elisa, might I remind you, you've been having pains today?? I think you should stay down here where I can keep an eye on you." Kian said seriously, eyeing her. 

 She sighed. "Alright, Kian. Come on, we can go to the living room." She began leading me to the living room. I chuckled. Elisa and I sat down on the couch and I told her everything....Well, except for the part about Jay being weird when I asked about why he trained so much. 

 Speaking of which, I wonder what he's doing now....Is he training again...? Too much training could be bad for him and his health! Muscle pain, fatigue, dehydration, not enough sleep, I could go on! I'm really worried about him....

 "Elena? Are you ok?" Elisabeth's voice brought me out of my thoughts. 

 "Huh?! Oh, yea, I'm ok.." I said with an innocent smile. I could tell she didn't buy it at all. But, before she could say anything, she doubled over, wincing in pain. 

 "Elisa?! What's wrong??" 

 "I think it's time.." she said, her voice showing signs of pain. 

 "Elisabeth! What's wrong?! I sensed you were in pain!" Kian came running into the room, concern and worry written all over his face. 

 "She's having the baby! We need to get her to the hospital! Now!" I declared. 

 Kian nodded urgently and gently picked her up bridal style. "It'll be alright, sugar snap. You'll be alright. And so will our little girl." he whispered. Elisabeth gave a small smile.

 It's been a few hours.  Kian is in there with Elisabeth while she's delivering the baby. I was really worried, to be honest. I remember when I was seven, my mom was pregnant, but had a miscarriage. I've been afraid of having children ever since...And, I remember a woman in my old pack dying in childbirth...I don't want Elisa to die...And I don't want her child to die either...

 "Elena, what's going on?" I looked up when I heard Alpha Joseph's voice. He and the Luna had just arrived. 

 "They're still in there...I'm honestly a little scared..." I admitted truthfully. 

 "Scared of what?" Luna Janie sat down beside me and put her arm around me. 

"Of one or both of them dying...It happened in my old pack..." 

 Luna Janie frowned. "It'll be alright...Elisabeth is strong. She and the baby will pull through alright." She hugged me. 

 I smiled at her and hugged her back. "Thanks, Luna.." 

 "Oh, you can just call me Janie. You're family. And family doesn't need to be so formal." 

 "Alright...Janie," I replied. I looked around and frowned. "Where's Jay..? I would have assumed he'd be here too..." 

 The Alpha looked at Janie. "He said he was a little busy...But he'd be here soon..." he answered. 

 I frowned. "What's he doing..?" 

 "Training........Again..." I knew it. 

 I sighed and shook my head. "How hard was he training..?" 

 "Pretty hard. As usual." Alpha Joseph stated. 

 "He's gonna put himself back in the hospital if he keeps this up!" I exclaimed to Misty. 

 "I know...It's not good for him. We could try to talk to him, though." Misty stated. 

 "I doubt he'd listen, Misty. He's really stubborn!" 

 "I know. But we'll have to convince him that this is not good for him to be doing and he needs to stop overworking himself...

 I nodded in agreement. Training is a great thing. But you can't train too much or too hard. That could hurt you. 

 Finally, Doctor Robert came out. "How are they??" Alpha Joseph asked quickly. 

 "Both mother and daughter are doing fine. In fact, you can go in and see them now." I smiled brightly. Janie, the Alpha, and I immediately went to Elisabeth's room.