Chapter 15

It wasn't long until Jay came back into the room and sat back down on the bed beside me. 

 "Jay, I'm sorry I didn't answer you..." I spoke up.

 "That's alright, Elena. You aren't ready. I understand, really I do. It's a big step and a big decision." Jay told me in a gentle voice.

 "But I am ready, Jay!" 

 He looked at me, confused, as he sat down beside me. "I don't understand.." 

 "I was speechless, Jay...I couldn't find any words to say what I wanted to say...But I really do want you to mark me. If, you are ready and really want this as well, that is." 

 Jay smiled. "I'm ready, my beauty. And I really do want this. So much." 

 I smiled and hugged him tight. "I love you, Jay.." 

 "I love you too, Elena."

 We parted slightly, our arms still around each other. I tilted my neck, giving Jay more room. Jay leaned over and grazed along my neck. I groaned when he reached it. He looked at me and kissed my cheek before whispering, "This will only hurt a second, beauty." With that, he leaned down, and bit into my neck with his canines. I squeezed my eyes shut, tears forming. Almost immediately the pain was replaced by pleasure. "Will you mark me, Elena?" Jay asked softly. I smiled and nodded. 

 Most men don't get marked by their mates. It's usually the other way around. Men mark their mates. But I'm glad he wants me to mark him. I leaned down close to his neck. He tilted his head, giving me more room. I then went over his neck and finally located that sweet spot. When I did, I bit down. Jay gasped and squeezed my arm hard. But, his grip loosened as the pain subsided and was replaced by pleasure. 

 Misty was really excited. She was going nuts. When we finally released each other, I could see him look down at my arm. It had a mark on it from where he was gripping. 

 "I-I'm sorry, Elena...I guess I cut off your circulation..." he spoke quietly. I could tell he really felt bad about it. 

 "It's alright, Jay. It's not that big of a deal," I smiled at him. 

 Jay smiled back. It looked like he was about to say something when we heard a thud against the window. We frowned and Jay stood up, walking over to it. He opened it and looked out. 

 "What is it?" I asked. 

 "I'm not sure." Jay answered, looking back at me. "There's nothing out there." 

 Just as he was speaking, my gaze caught sight of what looked like a girl with wings. A fairy! When she realized I saw her, she quickly vanished. 

 "Jay, I just saw it." I said quickly. 

 "What was it??" he asked. 

 "A fairy." 

 "Fairies don't exist..." 

 "Excuse me?!" A voice said from behind him. Jay's face paled. 

 "Ash, they're gonna catch you! Now get down!" Another voice exclaimed. Slowly, Jay turned around, but there was no one there again. I went to the window and stood next to him. 

 "Hello?" I called. No answer. What did I expect? 

 "Ok, if these are fairies, then why are they here?" Jay asked. I shrugged. 

 "Wait...Shift!" Misty exclaimed suddenly. 

 "What?? Why??"

 "Because, they might've heard that a White Tiger has been born. Long ago, back in the time of the White Tigers, fairies, elves, even merfolk were all in league with them. Some were palace guards. A few times, they married into the royal family. Those that hadn't married into the family, most actually, it was their duty to protect the White Tigers. And we, likewise, protected them. I can only imagine how they felt after they went extinct...Now they've come back to preform their duty!" I was shocked at this news. I suppose I still have a lot to learn about White Tigers. 

 "They must've felt so terrible...And then, hearing about me, a ray of hope must've flashed through. Do you think they'll come out if I shift?" 

 "I do." 

 I turned to Jay, who seemed to be looking at me curiously. "Were you talking to your tiger?" he asked. 

 I nodded. "Yes. She suggests I shift. Years ago, fairies, elves, and merfolk all guarded my kind. We were in league with their people.  They protected us and we protected them. Now, it's possible this is wrong, but they might've heard about the White Tiger being born once again. Therefore, they've come back to preform their duties." Jay nodded. 

 I took a step back and let Misty take over. We shifted into our tiger form. For a moment or two, we let Jay scratch behind our ears. Oh, that felt so good....Anyways, Mist rubbed her face against Jay a moment before going to the window. Misty looked up, her front paws up on the window sill. Misty then let out a powerful roar. 

 Almost immediately, two fairies came out, carrying a girl and a boy. Misty stepped back down from the window sill. The people landed inside and bowed before us. "Princess..." they said in unison. 

 Misty and I glanced over at Jay, who had a stunned look on his face. His eyes were wide. Misty shifted back and gave me back control. "Please, you don't have to bow," I told them. "I am Elena, the White Tiger." The fairies and the other two rose as I spoke. 

 "I am Ash, a fire fairy." the boy fairy dressed in red said, bowing his head. 

 "I am Rosalie, a nature fairy. I specialize in spring. Please, though, call me Rose." the girl fairy replied, bowing her head. She was dressed in a pink and green dress. 

 "I am Kallan, the crown merprince of Navaria." the boy bowed his head. 

 "And I am Elanor, Elf Princess of the Mystic Woods. I am to rule alongside Lyra, Fairy Princess of the Mystic Woods." the girl bowed her head. 

 I nodded and smiled. "This is my mate, Gamma Jay." 

 The fairies, elf, and merman turned to Jay and bowed. "Prince Jay." I could tell Jay was really stunned. 

 "P-please, you really don't have to bow to me...But, um...How am I a prince...? I'm a wolf." 

 "You may be a wolf, my prince, but you are the mate of the only reigning White Tiger. Because she is the only one, that makes Elena, crown princess. And you being her mate, makes you crown prince." Kallan told him. "Once she is ready, she will be queen and you, king."