Chapter 11

"Nice hair, by the way." Jay smiled and chuckled. I frowned, confused for a moment, before I remembered I hadn't done my hair this morning. I blushed in embarrassment. 

 At that moment, Kian, Elisabeth and Evelyn, Joseph, and Janie came walking in. "Hey, Jay. Glad to see your awake." Joseph smiled and nodded, shaking my mate's hand.

 "How are you feeling?" Janie asked gently. 

 "Well, besides feeling like a stupid idiot, a headache, and feeling a little tired, I think I'm alright." Jay remarked. 

 "Well you should feel stupid, Jay. That was a stupid thing to do! Especially when you knew this would happen because it's happened before." Kian declared. 

 Jay shut his eyes and put his head on the pillow. "I know, I know...I'm sorry...I was just afraid...." 

 "Of what, Jay?" Elisabeth asked with a small frown. 

 Jay sighed. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze as I held it. He looked at me and I gave him a small smile. He gave me a small smile before turning to the others. He explained to them what he had explained to me. His friends' eyes were wide. 

 "Jay, I'm so sorry..." Kian spoke up. 

 "You know, Jay, you've always been a great Gamma. Your dad was a great Gamma too. And you know he didn't train as often as you do." Joseph told him. Jay gave a wan smile. 

 At that moment, the doctor nurse came in with a tray of food. "Hello, everyone. Here you are, Gamma. Breakfast is served. Scrambled eggs and apple juice, instead of orange, just like you requested." She placed the tray on the wooden table and swung it over closer to him. 

 "Thanks." 

 "No problem. Now, if you need anything else, just let me know." With that, she smiled and left the room. 

 "Well, we'll go and let you eat. Are you coming, Elena?" Elisabeth asked. 

 "Well, if it's alright with you and Jay, I'd kinda like to stay here.." I responded quietly. 

 "It's alright with me." Jay smiled, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I smiled at him. 

 "Alright then. We'll see you back at the house later." Kian replied with a smile. I nodded and watched as they left. I didn't go with them because, honestly, I really just wanted to spend time with my mate. 

 "So you prefer apple juice over orange juice?" I asked as Jay took a bite of his eggs. 

 "Yea. I mean, it's not bad. But apple is my favorite." he stated. 

 I nodded. "I like apple juice too. I like apple juice, milk, or hot chocolate in the mornings." 

 He nodded, taking a sip of juice. "I like cocoa too. Haven't actually had it in a while though..." 

 "Really? How come?" I asked him. 

 "I've been a little busy...If you know what I mean..." 

 I frowned a little and nodded. "It's alright. Maybe...When you get out of here, we can plan a day together and have some cocoa. I mean, when you get out of here, you are gonna rest on the couch. No training for a while, you understand?" 

 "Alright..." 

 "Jay, I know you want to be ready for a fight if there is one. But I think you've had enough training for a while. You'll be ready. Trust me." I replied. 

 He gave me a small smile. "I guess maybe your right...Hey, uh...When I get out of here, would you um..." he hesitated, his smile being replaced by a nervous look. I'm not sure I would've ever imagined my mate nervous. 

 "Would I what, Jay?" 

 "Would you want to um...go on a date......with me?" 

 I smiled brightly. "Yes, Jay! I would love to go on a date with you!" 

 He smiled up at me. "Thanks, Elena..." 

 "Thank you, Jay..."