Chapter 21

I don't really know how long I sat there on that bench thinking. I didn't go right away because I just really wanted some time to think about things. And, I assumed Jay was in the meeting with Janie and Kian, seeing as he was Gamma. As Luna, Janie might just be in the meeting. There are certain meetings she isn't allowed to attend at the moment, but she's always told about them when they're done.

 Finally, I stood up and headed back. I closed my eyes, opening my emotions back up. I hoped that would help in the conversation I needed to have with Jay when I got back. Dinner was being served when I got back to the pack house. Ash, Elanor, Kallan, and Rose gave me concerned looks, as well as the Alpha and Luna. I gave them a reassuring smile. I then looked around, frowning when I didn't see Jay.

 "Where's Jay...?" I asked, a little concerned.

"After you left with Kian, he stormed out of the pack house. I was told he was at the training field." Joseph told me.

 "He wasn't at the meeting. We haven't even seen him since." Janie replied, agreeing with her mate.

 I frowned, a little concerned. I wasn't feeling any emotions, other than my own....Jay must've cut off his so I wouldn't feel what he was feeling. I thanked them before heading outside, quickly heading towards the training field.

 When I found him, Jay was training hard. It concerned and worried me. He was sweating and panting hard. His shirt was thrown on the bench and sweat trailed down his bare chest. He wasn't fighting against anyone, but that didn't stop my mate. He punched and kicked at the air ferociously. It broke my heart, seeing him training so hard. 

 I finally couldn't stand watching anymore and called out to him. "Jay!" He stopped and looked over at me. A wave of emotion came over his eyes before he fell to the ground. "Jay!" I gasped, running over to him. I knelt down and held him in my arms. Tears fell freely from my eyes onto his cheeks as he lay there motionless.

 It wasn't very long, thank goodness, when he started to stir. He groaned, looking up at me. "Elena...?" he asked quietly.

 "Jay..." I gave him a small smile. 

 "Please don't cry, beauty..." he gave a tired smile, as he slowly reached up and wiped my tears with his thumb.

 "I can't help it, Jay....I'm sorry...I'm so sorry I didn't tell you what was wrong..." I said, my voice cracking. "I-I was afraid you'd be mad at me and you'd think I didn't want you or I hated you...I don't hate you, Jay! And I do want you! I love and want you so very much!"

 "Elena, I don't understand...Why would you be afraid I would think that or even be mad at you...?" Jay asked. I helped him sit up and let him rest his head on my shoulder. I sighed heavily. Well, if I'm gonna tell him, now's my chance.

 "Part of me regrets marking you," as I said those words, I could see the heart break in his eyes. I could feel his heart break. I suppose his line was open again, so I could feel his emotions. "Because I'm afraid my mark may bring you harm. My mark is a picture of a White Tiger and it has my initials. Someone could recognize it and tell Alpha Richard and then...." I cut myself off, not wanting to continue my sentence. 

 But I didn't have to. Jay seemed to already know what I was thinking. "And then he would know where to attack."

 I nodded slowly. "Only part of me regrets it, Jay. And it's only because I don't want you hurt. The other part of me doesn't regret it at all! I never wanted to hurt you...I'm sorry..."

 "It's ok, Elena...The training helped a little..." I raised an eyebrow at him as he smiled guiltily. "Ok, ok, I overdid it a little..."

 "A little?? You passed out in exhaustion!" 

 He sighed, shaking his head. "Your right, your right...It's just...I was frustrated and...training is a way I use to help blow off steam."

 "It's a good way, Jay. But you trained too hard. Maybe next time, if I'm not here to help you, go for a run or something...? I don't want you to overdo it again."

 He sighed heavily. "Alright..." He then looked up at me. I could see the exhaustion in his eyes. But I could also see seriousness and love. He cupped my cheek with his hand and looked me in the eye. "We will figure something out about our marks, beauty. I promise, I will not let that 'Alpha' find out anything."

 I smiled at him, leaning my forehead against his, my eyes closed in contentment. Oh my sweet Jay...Then, a thought struck me. I wasn't thrilled the the idea and neither was Misty. But, it was the only way I could think of to keep people from finding out about our marks.

 "What if we hide them? We can put on makeup or wear clothes that will hide them." Jay growled at my words, not liking it one bit. 

 "It's the only way to keep people from finding out. With the spy, Alpha Richard probably already knows where I am. He just doesn't know if I am staying here or being sent to another pack. We will only hide our marks until this whole thing blows over." 

 Jay frowned and didn't say anything for a couple minutes. Finally, he spoke. "Alright. But we will only hide our marks when we are around people other than Janie, Kian, Elisa, Joseph, Kallan, Rose, Ash, and Elanor. Deal?"

 "Deal." I smiled and nodded. I didn't want to hide my mark anymore than he wanted to hide his. "Come on now. Let's get you to bed."

 He nodded, giving a small, tired smile. "That does sound good...." 

 I helped him stand up, which was a little difficult. My exhausted mate could hardly stand, much less walk. I helped Jay walk to the pack house, where everyone met us outside. Kallan, Ash, Elanor, and Rose stared at Jay in shock and worry. Janie, Joseph, Elisa, and Kian, guessing what probably happened, weren't as shocked or worried.

 "He's alright. Just very tired." I reassured our new friends, who gave sighs of relief.

 "Kian and I can help you get him to his room." Joseph offered.

 I smiled and nodded gratefully. "Thank you. We'd appreciate that." 

 Jay, who looked half asleep as he leaned against me, smiled and nodded in agreement. "I don't want to hurt Elena with my weight."

 "You aren't that heavy." I retorted. Though, I will say, I was glad when Joseph and Kian lifted Jay off of me. He was kinda heavy...I am not sure I would've made it up the stairs. "I'll be down in a few minutes." I said, as Kian and Joseph headed inside.

 "Take your time. We understand, princess." Kallan replied.

 I blushed a little in embarrassment. I will never get used to being referred to as 'princess'. "Kallan, you can just call me Elena." Kallan nodded slowly. Kallan was the only one, out of the four of them, that called me 'princess'. He sometimes confuses me...He's so....careful and formal. And, he can be really jumpy. 

 I gave a small smile before excusing myself and heading up to Jay's room. Kian and Joseph had already set him on his bed. I thanked them with a smile, watching as they left, before going over and helping Jay take off his shoes. Jay lay down, sighing in contentment. I leaned down and kissed his forehead. "I love you, my handsome mate." I smiled as I watched a small smile form on Jay's face as he slowly fell asleep.