Chapter 19

When we got back, the boys were all waiting for us. We'd not only found a new dress for Elanor and Rosalie, but we found them each a new swimsuit and a pair of shoes to go with their dress. Each reminded them a little of Kallan and Ash. I guess they always wanted to match with them, but they were never able to. So now, they are seizing the opportunity. I can't blame them honestly. I find it cute when couples match. I used to love seeing my mom and daddy match....

 Anyways, the boys were all waiting for us, eager to see what we got. We showed them the stuff Janie, Elisa, and I bought for ourselves, including a couple things we bought for Evelyn. But, we told them they'd have to wait a few minutes to see Rose's and Elanor's things. We hurried upstairs and into Janie's room. 

 "Ok. Elena, how good are you at makeup and hair?" Janie asked, turning to me. 

 "Well, I'm honestly better at doing hair than I am at makeup." I stated. "I actually did my friend, Kallie's hair for her sixteenth birthday party." I smiled at the memory. 

 Kallie had actually found her mate that day. A human named Robert. Robert was a great guy. He was her age as well. Only a few months older than her, but yea. They met when Kallie, Vicky, Lily, and I went to the park for a picnic. A little celebration of our own, you could call it. Kallie met Robert at the picnic and he joined us. I wonder how they're doing....He didn't know anything about our kind yet when I left, but his and Kallie's relationship was going well.

 "Alright then. You can do Rose's and Elanor's hair. Elisa, you handle getting them changed and ready. I will handle makeup." Janie nodded, laying the dresses out on the bed. 

 I nodded and smiled. I actually kinda really liked doing hair. I used to do it with my friends all the time...

 While Elanor sat down on the bed and got her makeup done by Janie, Rose sat down at the vanity table. I went up to her and began to do her hair. I let down her bun and was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful curls of her light brown hair. I smiled brightly, getting an idea. I found a hairclip on the vanity table. It looked like a sea star. It was perfect. I took a small portion of her hair and did a French twist before pinning it back with the clip, leaving the rest of her hair down. 

 When I finished with Rose, Elanor was already finished. Her makeup was looking really nice. She had a reddish lipstick and a light red eyeshadow. Her blush was a shade of pink. She sat down at the vanity table and I immediately got to work. I took a small portion of her hair on her left side and braided it. I did the same to the right side. When both braids were done, I gathered her hair in a ponytail, which I flipped through the hair tie. Her hair was wavy and it looked really nice.

 When she was finished, Elisa helped both Rose and Elanor get ready. Rose was looking really nice with her makeup. A pale reddish lipstick, with pink blush, and blue eyeshadow. When the two were finally dressed and ready, I honestly was amazed. They looked so different. They really looked beautiful. I can honestly say, I am excited for their boyfriends' reaction.

 We left the room. I brought up the rear with Elanor and Rose. We stood a couple feet away from Elisabeth and Janie, who stood at the top of the stairs, smiling down at the boys. 

 "Presenting, the nature fairy, Rosalie, and the elf, Elanor!" Elisa declared, as she and Janie stepped aside, Janie having her phone out and on record.

 "Go on. It'll be ok." I whispered to the two. I think they were a little nervous. They smiled and nodded, before walking down the stairs. Ash's and Kallan's eyes went wide, their faces red. 

 Kallan smiled brightly as Rose reached the bottom of the stairs first. He took her in his arms and gazed at her passionately. "You look stunning, Sea Breeze..."

 Rose blushed at his nickname. "Thank you, Kallan..." she said, smiling up at him.

 Ash was honestly looking very red as Elanor stood before him. "Are you ok, Ash...? Don't you like it? I-I can change if you want."

 "No!" Ash said quickly, being brought out of his trance. "No, my little firefly. You look absolutely beautiful...." he said gently, smiling. I smiled and chuckled a little at Ash's reaction. Being a fire fairy, his personality is a little fiery. He has a hot temper and is very stubborn. But, I've noticed that he's always gentle and calm when it comes to the meek Elanor. 

 Elanor smiled as Ash took her in his arms. "Thank you, Ash..." Elanor whispered, resting her head against his chest. 

 Janie, Elisa, and I went down the stairs and up to our mates. Jay smiled and put his arm around me, holding me close to him. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

 "You did a great job, beauty. They look very nice." Jay replied. 

 I smiled at him. "Thank you, Jay." I reached up and touched the mark on my neck. The little picture of a wolf with his initials...I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to bear his mark. I looked at his mark smiling. It was a picture of a White Tiger with my initials. Misty was gushing over our marks.

 However, I suddenly had a horrible thought. What if someone saw Jay's mark...? Possibly someone from my previous pack? What if they tell Alpha Richard? What about the spy? What if they tell Alpha Richard? All these thoughts raced through my mind. Misty was whining at the thoughts.

 I was suddenly drawn out of my thoughts by a familiar growl. I looked to see Jay looking at me with a serious look in his emerald green eyes. "What's bothering you, Elena?" he asked, his voice low and serious.

 Everyone around us was looking at us, their eyes wide. They looked a little concerned. I looked down, but didn't answer right away. 

 I squealed, my eyes wide, as Jay excused us and almost dragged me to his room shutting the door. He looked at me seriously, but gently, as he stood in front of the closed door. "I am you're mate, Elena. We bear each other's marks and feel each other's feelings. We have a strong bond. I want to know what is bothering you. I want to help you..." his tone was gentle, but serious and almost pleading.

 I didn't look up at him. Part of me wanted to tell him, but the other part was a little scared. Scared he'd misunderstand. Scared he'll think I don't want him. 

 I don't think there has ever been a person who ever wanted to take back their mark. But right now, I did. I wished I hadn't marked Jay. But not because I don't love him and I don't want to be his mate. But because I don't want Jay to be hurt....I'm afraid my mark will cause him trouble...The mark of a White Tiger....could be the cause of my mate's death....