Chapter 33

Kian and I headed to the training field. I was almost surprised to see Jay was not among those who were busy training. He was sitting on a bench watching the people train. I knew he wanted to be out there training, but, either he was smart enough to stay away or he was being forced to stay away. Or both. Hopefully both...

 I could see Kiera a little ways away. She was watching Jeff train. Whenever you want to find Kiera, all you have to do is locate her mate. You can almost always find them together. She seems clingy but Warrior Jeff doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact I think he enjoys it. I also find it kinda cute.

 Kian and I walked over to Jay. Jay looked up at us. "Do you mind if we join you..?" I asked.

 "Go ahead." he mumbled coldly. Misty whined and my heart hurt at his cold tone.

 Kian growled. "I get you are frustrated, Jay. But I'd appreciate if you would refrain from being cold towards my sister."

 "It's ok, Kian...." I said softly.

 "No, it isn't. You are his mate for crying out loud!" my brother declared.

 Jay sighed before pulling me down into his lap. I yelped, a little surprised. He held me tight and took in my scent. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. "Kian is right...I'm sorry, Elena...I may be frustrated with you but that doesn't mean I should be be so cold to you like I have been these past several days..."

 "It's alright, Jay....I understand...I really do..." I spoke softly, smiling. "I understand that you want to protect me, Jay...I'm very grateful for that...But I want to protect you too....And my friends and family....I want to protect the pack..."

 "If you show up in the battle and Alpha Richard sees you, you'll only be making yourself a bigger and easier target." Jay declared, growling a little. I glanced up at Kian, my gaze warning him not to growl or interrupt. Kian reluctantly held back.

 "I know...And you're right...But I won't be that easy to catch. You know that. I am a White Tiger. I am stronger and more powerful than a wolf. More powerful than an Alpha. Even Joseph said that! I am stronger than Alpha Richard...I can beat him if given the chance."

 "I don't want to risk you getting hurt. I can't lose you, Elena....I...I don't know what I'd do without you...I don't think I can live without you!" Jay buried his face in the crook of my neck. I loosened the scarf around my neck and let him kiss my mark. Lately, we'd both taken to wearing turtle neck sweaters, shirts, or scarves so we could hide our marks. 

 "Shh...It's ok, Jay...You won't lose me..." I spoke quietly, wrapping my arms around him. "I don't plan on going anywhere, my love...I plan on staying right here by your side...I plan on growing old with you..." I smiled at him as he looked up at me. I brushed a stray tear away from his handsome face with my thumb. "But I can't lose you either, Jay...That's why I have to do this...If we really want to be by each other's side and grow old together, please, let me help you...I don't want to risk your safety either..."

 Jay remained silent as he once more buried his face in the crook of my neck, taking in my scent. He was silent for a long time. I glanced up at Kian who was looking uncomfortable. I knew he was still feeling guilty about hurting my mate. I gave my big brother a calming, reassuring smile. He smiled back at me. Finally, Jay spoke.

 "Alright. I'll allow you to fight. But you have to promise me that you will be extremely careful. Always remain on guard no matter what all the time. At all times, you have to remain with me, Kian, or Joseph. Or, you will remain with Ash, Kallan, Elanor, Rose, and Kiera. Do you understand?"

 I smiled brightly and hugged him tightly. "Yes, Jay! Yes! I promise." I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck and happily took in his delicious scent of chocolate chip pancakes. Oh I love this smell....

 Jay smiled and rested his head on mine. "I love you, beauty..."

 "I love you too, Jay..." I whispered.

 I looked up at my brother. He was trying to sneak away. I rolled my eyes. "Kian Roberts, get back here." Kian groaned and slowly walked back over to us.

 Jay looked at him. "It's nice to see you, Kian. Is everything alright? I feel like I haven't seen you in a while. Since the attack."

 "Um...Y-yea...Everything's-" I gave him a glance. He was gonna say everything was fine. Jeez, Kian! He sighed heavily and sat down next to my mate. Jay shifted so he could look at him. I still remained in his lap. "Not really..."

 "What's wrong, bro?" Jay asked firmly but gently.

 "I'm sorry, Jay...I-I was confused and I attacked you and put you in the hospital and avoided you because I was scared and frustrated at myself-"

 "Kian, calm down.." Jay said quickly, interrupting my brother's rambling. "I'm not mad. I understand. It's ok, really, Kian." He smiled at my brother. 

 Kian at at him. "Really..?"

 "Really." 

 Kian smiled brightly. I stood up and smiled as I watched my brother and Jay hug. "Thank you, Jay....I'm so sorry..."

 "It's ok...Now quit apologizing and blaming yourself." Jay remarked. They let go of the embrace and chuckled. Jay took my hand and I willingly sat back down on his lap.

 At that moment, two blurs came running up to us. They stopped in front of me. My eyes went wide. Kiera and....Alec! Kiera held onto two people, as did Alec. Kiera looked really happy to be honest. I think it was because Alec was here.

 I stared at the four people they were holding and gave a gasp of recognition. Kallie, Vicky, Lily, and Robert!