Chapter 020 - Medical Fraud [08]

There are earth-shaking changes across the line. One second, it was flat asphalt land with shaded trees, and the next second it was potholed rocky land.

Noisy hawkers, busy crowds on bicycles, and the scenes that suddenly come into view seem to be stained with a layer of old yellow with the precipitation of time. This is a completely different era from Wen Ran's. The era only seen on TV.

Wen Ran looked around. The busy crowd was so detailed. All the clothes, every word of the conversation, and even the subtle expressions were so vivid and real. If Wen Ran didn't know that what he saw before him no longer existed, he can't help but wonder if this is another real world.

This is the first time for Wen Ran to come to the world where ghost domain is condensed. Looking at the things in front of him, he can't help but feel a sense of novelty and exploration.

People in this world can't see him, and when they overlap with him they cannot touch him. It's a strange feeling to go through them, but after trying it twice, Wen Ran began to avoid the crowd as much as possible.

The ghost domain condensed by the ghost must be related to it during its lifetime. Wen Ran did not walk around, but stood aside and observed for a long time, until a woman wearing a maternity dress but whose belly was not too obvious came to a vegetable seller.

At the aunt's stall, the woman seemed to be the daughter of the aunt who sold vegetables, the woman helped the aunt close the stall. While the aunt was busy with her hands and feet, she said words of reproach but obviously caring.

Wen Ran didn't know why he noticed them, but he paid attention to them intuitively.

He saw the two closed the stall, the aunt was pushing a bicycle with two baskets of vegetables, and the pregnant woman was walking behind slowly. The aunt was still scolding her daughter, saying that she should not run around if she has a big belly, how easy it is to collide with people the market, it's not safe.

The pregnant woman just smiled, obviously used to her mother's nagging, but her complexion was a bit unwell. She was slightly pale, and she couldn't hide the sadness in her expression.

The two returned to a shared courtyard house, which was dilapidated and old. They lived in one of the rooms.

When the woman opened the room, a strong smell of Chinese medicine spread from inside. The auntie frowned and moved her mouth, as if wanted to say something but held back in the end, and just pretended to ask casually: "How is Xiao Jun today?"

The woman brushed her messy hair and smiled at her mother: "It's pretty good, he fell asleep after taking the medicine, and I didn't have much trouble."

The auntie glanced at her daughter, and gave her a rather indignant look. Then she grabbed a handful of leftover vegetables and went to the side tank to clean them.

Wen Ran followed behind them, looking at the almost bare house.

There were two beds in the house, separated by only a curtain. The poverty was heartbreaking. There is a person lying on the bed inside. If he is healthy, he should be a tall man, but now he seems to be seriously ill and has become dry and thin. There is only a skeleton left.

But the woman didn't dislike him in the slightest. She first lifted the curtain and took a look to make sure that the man was fast asleep and he wasn't feeling bad, then she went out to help her mother pick vegetables.

A plate of pickled vegetables, a plate of stir vegetables, and a bowl of porridge are the dinner for the mother and daughter.

Later, the woman filled a bowl with the chicken soup that was simmering on the stove, took out the chicken inside, cut it into minced meat, stirred it into the white porridge, brought it to the room, and fed it to the sick man little by little.