Chapter 155 - Substitute [04]

Wen Ran thought that this opening party was just like an ordinary party. Everyone showed up, talked a bit, and then started eating and drinking. However, when he followed Qi Yunjing to the Jiwei Building, he realized that it was not like what he thought at all. 

The car stopped at the main entrance, surrounded by media, with a red carpet and flower path in the middle. 

For those who knew, it was a party for the opening of Jiwei Building, but those who didn't know would thought it was some kind of awards ceremony where celebrities gathered.

Wen Ran saw the battle in front of him from the car and sighed: "That's too exaggerated. Is it possible that whoever is invited to participate will be included in the news? If this is the case, then the appearance fee you gave will be just too few."

Qi Yunjing said calmly: "Even if the photos are taken, they won't dare to publish them. Don't worry."

Wen Ran looked at the flashing lights, as if they were at the Cannes Film Festival: "If it's not going to be included in the news, then why film it? To create false publicity?"

Qi Yunjing explained: "The news will be published naturally, but it is not those reporters who can choose whose news will be released. Some wealthy people don't care about this. The higher the public's awareness, the better. 

"And today there will be many A-list celebrities came to warm up the show, and these reporters mainly focused on them."

Like the Qi family, there are also some people who are not well-known to the public, but they belong to truly wealthy families. Even after taking photos, these reporters dare not publish them casually. In the end, the photos will be destroyed, so it does't matter how many photos are taken.

Wen Ran said oh and said nothing again, because they had already gotten off the car. The car doors opened on both sides, one on each side. 

Wen Ran thought that he would walk in side by side with Qi Yunjing, but he did not expect that after the car parked between them drove away, Qi Yunjing stretched out his hand directly to him.

The cameras on the left and right were filming wildly. Wen Ran even heard someone who didn't know Qi Yunjing's identity whispering to the people around him who he was. 

Some people were sighing that he was so handsome and what kind of star he was, but flashing lights and the constant sound of the shutter kept going more and more. 

Although Qi Yunjing, who was standing against the light, remained expressionless, his unblinking and focused eyes made Wen Ran's hands and feet go numb inexplicably. 

Before he could think about it, the instinct of his body made him reach out towards Qi Yunjing's hand. 

The moment the two hands clasped together, the power and temperature transmitted from the other's palm instantly awakened Wen Ran. Wen Ran slowly exhaled and told himself that in public, he had to give face to the boss.

A smile flashed across Qi Yunjing's lips, and he held Wen Ran's hand tightly, not forgetting to remind Wen Ran in a low voice: "Smile." 

Facing so many media and cameras, Wen Ran was not afraid, but he was outside anyway, so he subconsciously followed Qi Yunjing's instructions and put on a smile as he walked. 

He didn't realize it until he was halfway through. Qi Yunjing had already said that their photos would not be distributed, so what does it matter if he smiled or not? 

When he realized that he was being teased by Qi Yunjing, the hand held by Qi Yunjing suddenly tightened.

If Qi Yunjing hadn't already mastered the art of appearance, he would probably have changed his face subconsciously in pain. Looking at Wen Ran's proud eyes, Qi Yunjing's eyes showed doting. His partner was indeed cute.