Chapter 116 - Ghost Festival [03]

Wen Ran pulled Qi Yunjing into the city, looked at the hustle and bustle in front of him, and whispered to him: "The real appearance of Luoshan Mountain in Fengdu thousands of years ago, I'm afraid you can only see it in this kind of ghost market that cannot be explained by science here."

This ghost market is located in the ancient city of Fengdu. The streets are very wide. There are street vendors and shops of different sizes. Some sell some ancient toys that are often seen in costume TV dramas and some sell a lot of things that even Qi Yunjing can't name.

There are all kinds of food sellers, the noise is accompanied by the smell of various delicacies, and there are red lanterns hanging all over.

Fengdu City, a ghost town that shouldn't exist in modern times, so vividly appeared before his eyes.

All kinds of ghosts shuttled in the streets and in front of the shops, some with long hair in ancient clothes, and some with short hair in modern clothes.

Qi Yunjing said: "The ones who have not been scheduled to be reincarnated, will they be released during the Ghost Festival?"

Wen Ran nodded while looking at the colorless shop. If they would all be reincarnated, there would be no ghosts opening such ghost markets.

Qi Yunjing said: "It looks like there are still ghosts from hundreds of years ago. Are they waiting for so long to be reincarnated below?"

Wen Ran glanced at it, and said: "Not all of them are waiting to be reincarnated. Some of the crimes are too deep, and they are punished below, a sentence can be for hundreds of years. And there are also some natives from the underworld."

Qi Yunjing was a little surprised: "There are still natives in the underworld?"

Wen Ran chuckled: "Why not? You see, those who have stores are probably natives. I have heard a legend that Fengdu Mountain is real. Of course, this Fengdu does not refer to the Fengdu that still exists on the map. One person attained enlightenment and ascended to heaven, that is Emperor Fengdu.

"The God Realm hoped that Emperor Fengdu would be in charge of the cycle of life and death in the human world. There are too many reincarnations of life and death, and someone with poor mental endurance will collapse.

"So in order to persuade Emperor Fengdu, the God Realm said that the realm where you were born and attained the Tao is the domain, and all the subjects under your domain will be like you with eternal life. You don't have to enter reincarnation anymore.

"At that time, if you don't enter reincarnation and become a god, isn't that what everyone is looking forward to? When Emperor Fengdu heard this, and all his subjects can go with him, he thought: that's good, he won't be lonely anymore. How to live in the past, and how to live in the future, so he nodded and agreed.

"Then the God Realm reached out and drew a circle, drawing the entire Fengdu Mountain from the human world, and it became the legendary hell."

Qi Yunjing stared at Wen Ran telling the fairy tale: "Are you serious?"

Wen Ran blinked his eyes, very sincerely: "You must know that the truth is often recorded in various unofficial histories."

Qi Yunjing withdrew his eyes: I believe you ghost.

Wen Ran giggled and saw a booth selling masks, so he pulled Qi Yunjing forward: "Could this be a human skin mask?"

The boss is probably a good talker, or seeing the two people's spirited expressions, not stiff at all, he thought they may be Celestial Masters.

He dare not offend, so he smiled and said: "How could it be a human skin mask, that thing has been banned for many years. These are made of the bark of the thousand-change tree, it can cover up the breath. You can try it on."