Chapter 057 - Sunflower [05]

Xiao Kui's affairs give people a feeling of doubts. If there are doubts, then go to investigate the doubts. Xiao Kui does not want to go to reincarnation. Is it because he is obsessed with her mother? Maybe if they take him to see her, many things can be clarified.

Xu Qian has the address of Xiao Kui's mother. His mother still lived in the house where the incident happened. This house belonged to Xiao Kui's stepfather. He was sentenced for more than ten years in prison, Xiao Kui's mother has not yet gone through the divorce procedures, so she is still living here for the time being.

Xu Qian made an appointment with Wen Ran the next day, and the two met at the gate of the community. When Wen Ran came, he didn't put Xiao Kui in the wooden sign. For Xiao Kui's sake, he specifically chose a time when he could go out.

The community where Xiao Kui lives is considered an old community, but because it is winter and the sky is dark, there are not many people walking around in the community. Wen Ran wrapped a red string around Xiao Kui's wrist and led him into the community. Once in the community, Xiao Kui, who had been struggling to escape, suddenly became quiet.

Xu Qian glanced at Xiao Kui. Although he was a ghost child and still looked a bit scary, but Xu Qian squatted down and looked at Xiao Kui like he would treat an ordinary child and said, "Tell Uncle, do you want to go home? Just nod if you want. You nod, we will take you back to have a look."

Xiao Kui is still a new ghost, it seemed because his world is so pure, so after he became a ghost, he forgot a lot of things. There is only the obsession in his mind that makes him unwilling to enter reincarnation, but he can't speak or write.

After Wen Ran took him in, Xiao Kui couldn't tell whether the other party was kind or malicious, and he could only follow his instinct by rushing and want to escape.

Now that he has returned to a place he is familiar with, Xiao Kui has unexpectedly quieted down. In addition, he has been affected by Wen Ran's incense during this period of time, and with the little sanity left, he can sort out the meaning of Xu Qian's words.

He slowly nodded. He wanted to go home, but he couldn't find the way home. Now standing in a place he was familiar with, his desire to go home was even more urgent.

The closer they got to the door of Xiao Kui's house, the more restless Xiao Kui became, trying to break the restraint Wen Ran had placed on him more than once. But this restlessness suddenly stopped when a lady wearing high heels approached.

Wen Ran saw that Xiao Kui opened his mouth and called his mother silently, and his ghost eyes, which were blackened by Yin energy, gradually turned back to a warm brown. Only then did Wen Ran realize that Xiao Kui had eyes like glass, clean as a crystal.

Qiao Yan didn't pay attention to the two people standing at the door, and walked straight towards the building. Before she entered the door, Xu Qian walked over and stopped her.

Qiao Yan looked at the strange man in front of her defensively and frowned: "Is there something wrong?"

Xu Qian showed his police officer ID: "We want to talk to you about your son."

Qiao Yan's eyes seemed to flicker for a moment but her face remained calm: "Xiao Kui's case is over. I don't know what else needs to be discussed."

Xu Qian took out the photo of the Sunflower painting: "This is what you embroidered. Right?"

Qiao Yan pursed her lips slightly, and it could be seen that she seemed to be struggling to deny it. But there was no way to deny this kind of thing, so she could only say, "Yes. Is there any problem?"