Chapter 157 - Substitute [06]

Song Zhiguo was a little surprised that his youngest son actually made friends with Qi Yunjing's lover, but considering that the Song family's fortune was now booming, it was normal for Song Ye to have these opportunities to make friends with people based on his own status.

Although Wen Ran was just Qi Yunjing's partner and relies on Qi Yunjing and not himself, considering how much Qi Yunjing cares about Wen Ran, at least for now, Wen Ran is worth getting to know.

Hearing that Wen Ran liked the snacks from the Song's Imperial Dinner, Song Zhiguo asked Song Ling, who happened to be at home, to make some for him. 

When Wen Ran followed Song Ye to the Song family, he could smell the sweet smell even before he entered the door.

Song Ye saw Song Ling who had just come out of the kitchen, he stepped forward and said, "Brother."

Song Ling nodded to him, then looked at Wen Ran with a polite smile: "Mr. Wen." 

Wen Ran smiled and said, "I'm taking the liberty to come. Sorry to bother you. Don't call me Mr. Wen, just call me Wen Ran. Mr. Wen always feels like calling someone old." 

Song Ling laughed. The servant happened to come out with freshly baked snacks. 

Song Ling said: "What we are making today is Nine Turns Flower Blossom. Nine kinds of blooming flowers, decorated with gold foil. Four sweet flavors, four savory flavors, and one with added minced meat. It is a newly developed pastry. 

"Take a look. Does it suit your taste?"

Wen Ran smiled and said, "Then I'm welcome." He reached out and picked up a jade-white thousand-leaf flower placed in the middle. 

The layers of petals were lifelike, but when you touched it, you can feel the crispy texture, so be very careful when handling it. With a little more force, you can crush the entire flower-shaped snack.

The taste is naturally salty. Although minced meat is added, it is not greasy at all. It is crispy on the outside and crispy on the inside. 

What makes Wen Ran most satisfied is that the puff pastry on the surface also has a rich flavor, unlike some crispy snacks. Although crispy enough, it had no flavor at all.

After taking one bite, Wen Ran said to Song Ling: "It's delicious! Being able to make food so delicious is indeed a very powerful skill." 

Song Ling smiled and said: "I know this skill. If you like, you can come to play at home more often in the future."

After Song Ling finished speaking, his phone vibrated. He glanced at the caller and then said to Song Ye: "Xiao Ye, please treat Mr. Wen well, I have something else to do. I'm sorry."

Song Ye said quickly: "I understand, brother."

Wen Ran glanced at the beautiful and sweet pastries on the table, then looked away: "Let's go to your room."

Song Ye nodded: "My room is on the second floor, please come this way."

Wen Ran followed him, checking the furnishings of the entire room while saying, "You have lived here since you were a child and have never changed places?"

Song Ye hummed: "I have lived here since I can remember. I originally wanted to live on campus in college, but my father did not agree. I was not allowed to live outside until my junior year, but I had to come back every week to eat. 

"Our family must have one day every week. It's a family day, no matter how busy we are, everyone has to have a meal together."

Song Ye's room is not very big, but it is not too small either. The furnishings in the room are very simple. The most common ones are rows of books on the wall shelves and a few architectural models that look like they were made by himself.