Chapter 101 - The Stiff [01]

Zhou Shuang had to go back to take care of his sister, so naturally she couldn't stay with the Jiang family for too long, and Jiang Yuwen had to deal with the funeral at home before going back to work, so she can only send Zhou Shuang and Wen Ran to the station.

After bidding farewell to Jiang Yuwen, Zhou Shuang felt fortunate and regretful: "We stopped the loss in time. Although we couldn't prevent the tragedy from happening in the first place, but if we were one day late, the rest of the Jiang family would disappear. How far can this person's heart be twisted to be black like this?"

Wen Ran said, "It's just the cause of the past life, but the result in this life."

Zhou Shuang asked curiously: "Could it be it is a debt owed by the Jiang family in the previous life?"

Wen Ran shook his head: "Sometimes cause and effect may have nothing to do with others. A similar thing happened before. It was an old ghost who did all kinds of evil during his lifetime. He was so bad that there was no trace of purity.

"When he was three or four years old, he would mutilate his brothers to fight for favor. Before he was ten years old, he even took a few lives on his hands. Because of his good background he bullies boys and girls. Those people were all played to death by him, but he was smart enough. No one knew about his crimes until his death, and this man did a lot of evil.

"He couldn't see his brother inheriting the family business after his death, so his ghost lingered. At that time, there were hundreds of people in the big family, including the servants in the family, all died, and no one survived.

"This old ghost killed too much, and was discovered by a wandering Taoist priest. The Taoist priest had some skills, but his skills were not high, as a result, he was killed instead. The spiritual weapon was also taken by the old ghost."

Zhou Shuang likes to hear this kind of real supernatural stories the most, and he said anxiously: "And then? Finally, you subdued the old ghost?"

Wen Ran said: "Then a hundred years later, the place where the old ghost is located has been included in the scope of development.

"In the past hundred years, because no one can suppress him, the old ghost has lived even more unscrupulously. On the territory he circled, he is the king. Devouring souls, imprisoning female ghosts, playing with passers-by, killing people according to his mood, how could such an old ghost allow someone to break ground on his head.

"So many people died during the construction. They only thought something about this place may not be clean, so they found a Master.

"The Master knew at a glance that this old ghost's power is very high, and he also had a spiritual weapon that had been transformed into a yin weapon, which is not easy to deal with. But in the end, everyone gathered their strength to defeat this old ghost. The old ghost was destroyed."

Zhou Shuang said: "Then what does this have to do with the cause of the past life and the result in the present life?"

Wen Ran smiled: "You have also entered this industry, you should know that although it is not absolute, but those who can join the rich and noble families are basically born with good luck. Unless they encounter major catastrophes in the second half of their lives.

"With all the ghost's sins, he should not be able to have wealth even for half of his lives. So some Masters were curious and went to the bottom of the matter, wanting to see if this person stole the chance of reincarnation from others.

"Only to find out that this old ghost was a very kind person in his previous lives. When he was an official, he was a good official who truly cared for the people. During the Shang Dynasty, he almost spent all his wealth to help displaced refugees. However, in every life, he did not end well. Instead, those who did all the bad things lived happily to the end.