1 - Back

With joy filling every cell of my body, I stormed after the gray female wolf who ran through the giant woods of Canada. Right behind us was the light brown coloured wolf that almost caught up to me.

Naika and Toby Ramsay. They were part of my host family here in Canada.

I sprinted, with my white paws and my creamy fur that had some white speckles like the ones of a fawn, between the two of them.

The last two years were really good to me. Even though sometimes some random stuff happened.

The pack was tolerant and that, although I had those scars. It happened unexpectedly but the Alpha of this pack saw my traitor mark. But against my expectations of immediately killing me, he let me explain and pitied me for them.

His tolerance probably came because of his own traitor mark.

His father was a selfish man and wanted to hinder his son to be the new Alpha. That's why he attacked his son and marked him with long scars on his back.

It wouldn't be long until I would lose this tolerance and acceptance. Because not long from now I would fly back.

This was only our last trip through the forest and a goodbye from the siblings who were like brother and sister to me. Even though Toby was my first kiss, what also happened unexpectedly. But that was a story for another time.

He liked men like I did, but he liked his best friend Fynn who was two years younger than him and was only 17 years old. On the day Fynn turned 18 we all expected that Fynn and Toby would turn out as mates.

Naika didn't like men but women. In our school we were called the homo trio. It was funny because here you didn't get judged but accepted.

Here I felt comfortable and truth to be told, I wanted to stay here.

Howling, I laid my head in my neck and both siblings joined, even some wolves further away howled with us.

My flight was in a few hours and tomorrow I would be back in Germany. If everything fit, I would be back to the beginning of school.

In the yard of the Ramsay home, I turned back into a human and drove my finger through my dyed brown hair. I liked them in combination with my brown eyes, but they were still as uncontrollable as before.

My stature was kind of perfect - in my opinion.

Muscles where they should be and not too many and not too less. A fine six pack and not exaggerated. Muscular legs and arms. But my back wasn't broad, I didn't look like one of those walking cabinets.

If I wore a wig and a dress, I could be seen as a woman. From behind that is.

More of an athletic stature than a muscular one.

»That was refreshing, right?«

With a bright grin Toby put his arm around my shoulders and ran his fingers through his light brown hair.

Our clothes didn't rip with our transformation and I was thankful for that. However, it was still a mystery where they went and one I didn't want to get behind.

Smiling, I pushed Toby's arm away and mounted the terrace to get inside the house.

»Your suitcase is packed?« Naika asked. She was almost two heads smaller than I. Her dark brown ringlets were short and just reached her shoulders. »Everything's packed.«

Satisfied, she nodded and grabbed my guitar case. »I want to listen to you playing one last time, before it's too late!« Determinant, she looked up to me and Toby whistled in agreement.