61 - End

Heavily I opened my eyes and the first thing I searched for were my puppies. My search wasn't long because I found them nuzzled against my chest.

And just now I noticed I had transformed back. My deeply black coloured arms were protective around them.

Weakly smiling I stroked their tiny bodies and sighed.

Wherever I was, I felt so safe I actually transformed back.

Lifting my head heavily, I glanced around. I was inside a hospital room. And this was the first time I was happy to lie in a hospital bed.

My eyes suddenly focused on the reddish cat at the end of my bed that watched me attentively.

»Coffee?« I croaked, hardly understandable and felt how difficult it was to even speak.

I was about ten months shackled in my wolf form and wasn't able to speak at all. It wasn't strange that I had difficulties speaking and together with my weak condition even more.

Slowly she came up to me and touched my cheek with her little nose.

»What are you doing here?«

She looked to my five and then back to me.

»Watching over us, hm?«

Weakly I smiled at her and then looked at my children that were still in their wolf form. How long would they take to transform?

All of a sudden Coffee jumped off the bed and disappeared through the open door.

»Wait, where are you going?«

I hadn't had the power to lift my head. But then I saw Cassian coming into the room the next moment.

In his hand a cup of coffee and he certainly needed one. His face was sickly pale, just as his deep shadows beneath his eyes. He looked so exhausted.

His sight was focused on the ground as he ran his fingers through his already disheveled hair with a heavy sigh and inside of me awoke the urge to set his hair right.

»Cas?« I whispered, croaking and immediately his head shot up. His body froze.

»Kyran?« he breathed with widened eyes.

Trembling, I lifted my arm and stretched it out to my mate. I wanted to touch him.

Immediately he stormed to me and grabbed my hand. »Oh, in the name of the goddess. You are awake.« Tears streamed down his pale cheeks and everything hurt inside of me to see him like that.

»Where did Coffee go?« I asked quietly.

He came from the hallway, so they must have run into each other. Puzzled he furrowed his forehead and rubbed his blood-shot eyes.

»Coffee? She ran away after you got kidnapped,« he said.

Confused, I frowned. »But she was just here...« I whispered, difficult for him to understand.

»That doesn't matter right now,« he cut me off and again tears welled up in his eyes.

»You are here and they are too.«

Weak, I smiled and nodded. »The moon goddess gave them names... Names of angels and they already are little angels,« I said and coughed.

A cold shiver ran down my body and immediately I began to tremble. »Could we maybe turn on the heater?« I asked with trembling lips.

»We already put it on the highest level because your body is so cold, love,« Cas whispered worriedly.

Why was I so cold? Was it because of the curse? But I had never felt this cold in the freezing basement.