Side-Story: 16

Side-Story: 16 - A new stage of life - Part 3

Kyran

»Use your claws!« Fynn's voice echoed over the training ground and in the next moment a rumble sounded and my third oldest was on his back - all four paws up in the air.

Amused, I shook my head and then put it down on my own paws. I wasn't feeling well for some time now but I still wanted to be at the monthly training though we weren't leading the pack anymore. Michael was.

He was at the other end of the training ground and assisting some younger wolves. His mate, our Luna, Taléia was a beautiful woman with straight dark hair and tanned skin. Michael had found his mate on his journey through the world after almost four years.

During his search for her we had called many times and talked over the phone or video chat. He had sent us pictures of the places he went, the people he met and much more. It was an experience he had very much enjoyed and he seemed more free spirited with each call.

I kind of wished Cas and I had the time back then to do the same. To explore and get to know ourselves. But still, we were happy and only that mattered to us.

It wasn't always easy for Michael because he still had Alpha-blood inside of him and he needed to enter the territories of other packs at times. Some welcomed him, some not. Some were even pretty aggressive.

But he had found Taléia finally in Brazil. In a small city called Galinhas if my memory didn't fool me.

She was a wolf just like we. They had spent almost a year in Brazil to get to know each other better.

The little bit unlucky part was, Taléia wasn't able to speak English - German of course not too - so Michael tried to learn their language. And Taléia did the same and learned English before she tried to learn German. It was much easier that way and she could communicate the best in English with us.

Cas and I had tried to learn Portuguese too. I was more lucky than Cas. But it was still a pretty difficult language, still we had done our best to welcome her with open arms so she could feel at home here as well.

After the year in Brazil she came to us for a year. She was at that time the future Luna of our pack and she wanted to get to know it. Of course, she wanted to meet Michael's family too. We had talked over video chat already but it wasn't the same.

And after that one year, she went back to Brazil. Michael and Taléia had meet up every month. Sometimes she came over to us, sometimes Michael went by airplane to Brazil. It was because of some rules that Taléia couldn't stay full time in Germany - only after more time and that without a VISA.

It was pretty hard and straining - for Michael especially.

Finally after a year of this hell she came to our pack.

We let Taléia settle down before they took over the pack and we also wanted to give them more time together.

So we gave them another two years to settle down. But after that we let them take over the pack and that was a few years ago.

Kenneth wasn't really satisfied that we broke the pack-tradition but we liked it like that better.

»You good? Not freezing or anything? Any discomfort? We can drive home right away, just tell me.«

Cassian walked over and touched my head with his big hands. I growled to answer but not in a threatening way. My growl invited him to sit next to me and cuddle in my fur.

I was a little uncomfortable but nothing that would bring me to go home.

»Raph still makes the same mistakes after years,« Cassian commended Raphael's performance and I growled in agreement. However, even if he made the same mistakes, he could fight pretty well. Raphael was just working more on his own novel than doing something outside.