Side-Story: 7

Side-Story: 7 - Fynn & Toby - Part 2

Fynn

Toby and I were both at home. It was the weekend and the two of us didn't need to work. Well, Toby sometimes checked his emails for work but we spent most of our time in peace.

The TV was showing an ice-hockey game at the moment, that had already passed for some time. Toby loved ice-hockey like a proper Canadian and we went to some games back then. Now he could only follow the games on the internet and because of his working hours, he couldn't watch the livestreams of the games.

I didn't really follow because I was concentrating on my own little workout. We had a pole stuck in the doorframe where I did pull-ups.

My mate always told me I was a sports maniac but I just needed to burn the energy out of my body. Even my mother - a Valkyrie - said it was necessary for me to burn as much energy as I could.

After all, we were weapons for war that never ran out of stamina and power. The training I had undergone was hard and straining but it still didn't let me run out of power. It just made me stronger and gave me the right direction to use my powers.

The few hundred or two-hundred pull ups now wouldn't affect me a bit but they would be good for my muscles. I wasn't ripped at all. All my muscles were hidden under a small build. I wasn't skinny but still not muscular like Toby or others. More agile and flexible.

And sex was another way to burn the overflowing energy in my body.

Toby's tablet started ringing and recognized from the ringtone that it was Kyran. I also recognized it, because Toby was sharing the screen from his tablet to watch his hockey game and I saw Kyran's name pop up.

He answered the video call and immediately Kyran's face was shown on our TV.

»Hey, Tobs' and the annoyingly sporty grumpy!«

I mumbled something under my breath and pulled my body up again. Easy and without much effort. »Hey, Ky. What's up?« Toby said and leaned back on the couch.

»Just checking if our babysit date still stands.«

An annoyed breath came from me. Why did we even agree to that?

»But of course! We will be there tomorrow,« Toby said happily. Totally ignoring my annoyed expression.

I let go of the pole and dropped to the ground before I walked over to the couch and sat down next to him.

»Hope your brats are nice and quiet when we need to babysit them,« I huffed and crossed my arms. »Always.« Kyran laughed, though I already heard screaming children in the background.

»By the way. I haven't told you yet but the punch you taught Luc payed off.«

I listened, more interested in the kids now. »My punches are always the best. Why? What did that little devil do?«

Luc wasn't a devil at all, though his full name indicated it. After all it was the name of a fallen angel that turned into the devil. But he himself was kind and generous. A lovely child. A lightbringer.

»Some kid was making trouble in school and Luc punched him like you taught it.«

A bright grin spread on my face. »Good boy.«

Some kids just got too cocky and made trouble for everyone. A punch in the face would do that kid good.

»They can come to my classes or rather Holger's classes if they want to learn a bit more.« Holger was the teacher in my martial arts school that taught most of the classes for children.