29 - Virgin

Finally the bell rang for the break and I packed my stuff as fast as I could.

As good as this teacher was, I couldn't handle him for five hours straight. Only one hour of the day was with another teacher.

Sighing I threw my bag over my shoulder and then looked over to Cassian from whom I felt restlessness. And as I looked up into his face after checking his body, the restlessness was written all over his face.

I should worry but there was one thing that distracted me. He chewed on his lower lip. On his soft lips in which I wanted to gently bite when our lips met. I would never destroy them like he did unintentionally and I could kill him for doing that.

Choking should be reasonable for this crime!

Just how could he maltreat his wonderful, tender, soft lips? And where the fuck did my thoughts wander off to?!

Groaning, I grabbed his hand and entangled our fingers, before I made him come out of his restlessness by dragging him behind me.

»Not so fast!« he said, surprised and stumbled after me before he caught himself and walked next to me.

»I need to be stormy if you torture your lips,« I grumbled and looked angrily at him.

A sly smirk appeared on his lips and just when he wanted to bow down to kiss my lips, someone crashed against his back with full force and he stumbled forwards – he let my hand go to not drag me with him.

Kate, the brown-haired Gamma, growled playful and clung to the neck of my mate while he tried to get her off. To his bad luck Kate Johnson was more a monkey than a wolf – a monkey.

Die of my deadly looks, you monkey! He almost kissed me!

»We must have interrupted you at a bad time,« Lucien laughed and halted next to me and met my deadly sight.

»The best timing isn't on my side,« I snorted and then shot a grin at him.

»But I would have probably stopped us if you didn't do it.« If I really thought about it, I probably would have cut him off before our lips met...

Confused, the red-haired twin frowned and tilted his head slightly.

»Well, I mean Cassian is still hetero if you look over the mate thing. And everyone in this school thinks that he is into girls. After all, he already had... with most of the girls...« I stopped, breathed out and talked again. »You know what I mean.«

I cleared my throat.

»I know that we are in a relationship now, I was the one that proposed it. However, the basis of our relationship is our mate-bond and not love or even true love that we felt before the bond or feel now. In the big picture it's only the attraction of our bond and instinct that pulls us to each other.«

»You doubt your bond,« Lucien understood immediately with a dry voice and leaned against the wall. I leaned myself next to him against the wall.

Kate still didn't let go of Cassian and now he ran over the school grounds with her on his back. With that the adults could finally talk.

»Of course, I'm doubtful. You know too what he did to me all those years. You saw my scars. Everything that happened in our past put giant barriers to our future. Still, I'm trying to forgive him and I'm almost done because he changed but for the last step I just need to know why. Why did he do all that? I know he isn't ready yet and he will tell me if the time comes. But that is just the thing that stands between us. And then comes in addition to my doubt the uncertainty. Does he really want this relationship or is it just his instinct that wants it? I was the one that said I will never forgive him and would rather be unhappy for the rest of my life and not ever accept him and now I was the one that proposed to be in a relationship with him.«