Side-Story: 12

Side-Story: 12 - What if...? - Part 5

Cassian

Two years had passed since he left. Snow was falling from the sky and covering the world in white. The sunlight was reflecting in the snow and making it shimmer and shine. It was a beautiful sight.

Little clouds formed in front of my face. My hands were buried in the pockets of my jacket. It was pretty cold but not unbearable. There were much colder places on earth.

I was on my way home from school - I took my time to enjoy the cold. I didn't live with my parents for some time now. I lived at a place I had renovated with my father. An old place Kyran and I had loved to play at as children.

I wanted to live there because I felt closer to him, even if he wasn't here.

My headphones played songs I got from Ethan.

Their band had recorded a few songs back then when Kyran was still here and now I listened to them most of the time. I never got sick of listening to them.

At the thought of Kyran, I sighed heavily and my mood went downwards.

We were longer apart than we were together. Still, I had gotten the chance to be with him and that alone filled my heart with warmth.

My birthday didn't go as planned because I hadn't found my mate in our pack. However, my father forced me to visit other packs and we took a look at their members. It was pure torture. I found no one at the end.

I didn't care. I was even glad.

As long as I didn't find my mate I wouldn't forget about my feelings for Kyran.

Of course, I had some problems. An Alpha without his Luna was like a ticking time bomb and I had moments where I lost my cool. But I held back with all I had. It helped when I listened to Kyran's voice. His singing helped.

In all this time we hadn't heard of him. Well, not exactly, because I heard of him one time.

On my birthday a package arrived at my place. It was without an address from where it came from. Though I knew he was in Canada, I wouldn't go there until he said so.

A letter and a gift were inside the box.

Hey, Cas,

I hope my package reaches you.

Happy Birthday!I won't bother you much because it's your birthday and you probably have found your mate already or will find her or him tonight or whenever. I don't know.Because of Elli's rule of no contact I won't write much too.
But you should know that I'm fine and that I wish you a great birthday.
You will be a perfect Alpha for the pack, I believe that from all my heart.
I'm fine at the moment but I'm not fully healed.
T

he family here is wonderful and treats me as if I'm a true member of their family.
As long as you don't hear from me, you can be sure that I'm not dead and that I will return sooner or later.

Kind regards,

Kyran

A small key-chain of the Canadian maple leaf came with the letter. The key-chain was now hung together with my car keys.

I had hidden the letter though it had nothing in it that could have told someone else about our relationship. Still, his parents didn't know about the place he was staying. I was careful and I wanted to be a bit egoistic and keep his letter a secret. Keep it as only mine.