45 - Elias

»Kyran, we've landed,« I heard Cassian's voice near my ear and opened my eyes, blinking.

Had I really fallen asleep?

The first thing I saw were his eyes and out of shock I flinched backwards, blushing in the next moment. My heart ran a marathon and I needed to concentrate to not lose myself in the bewitching green of his eyes.

»Landed...?« I mumbled confused and only then realized his words.

An old, faded feeling spread through my body. A feeling of coming home, as if I was finally where I belonged.

Hectically, I jumped up and pushed my way through the slim path. The plane was mostly empty by now. Only a few humans and our group was still inside. Fynn was just about to wake up Toby and Naika.

Cas got our bags from the locker above us and gave me my bag which Naika had packed.

»By the way, will someone get us?« I addressed Fynn who now got his and Toby's bag – they shared one – from the locker. »No idea. I assume we need to catch a taxi,« he answered while shrugging his shoulders.

»Oh wonderful, a taxi,« I sighed.

»Are they that bad?« Cas asked when I started to wake Naika because Fynn still couldn't get his sleepyhead to wake up.

»Not bad, but expensive. And from here to the clinic... Well.«

Grumbling, she opened her eyes. »Wake up, sleepyhead. We've arrived.« As if it was a wake-up call she jerked her eyes open and jumped up. »We will come, little brother!« she yelled and the few humans that were still here turned to us in a startle.

»Don't scream like that,« Toby hissed grimly and drove his finger through his hair. »I hate planes.«

»Welcome to the club. We can me quite glad that it isn't easy at all to jump out from a plane,« I joked with a laugh at my lips and the others rolled their eyes – except Cas. »Lucky,« he sighed in relief.

»By the way, I texted Chat on the way to the airport. He will get us,« Naika informed us.

Together we fought our way out through the slim paths and entered the long hall at the exit. And when we finally arrived outside a cold spring wind welcomed us and I knew I arrived where I belonged.

»Home...« I breathed and closed my eyes.

But the nice moment didn't last long. »Cutie! Here!«

Normally I wouldn't have turned to the call but the voice and the smell was too familiar now.

»Valentin,« I grumbled when I saw the cousin of Chat standing next to a Jeep.

»What is he doing here?« Cas growled angrily and grabbed my hand all of a sudden and started squeezing.

»Auwauwau!« I whined in pain and tried to pull my hand out of his grip. »Cas, he probably lives in Canada too,« my whining continued and suddenly he let go of my hand.

»Sorry, I...«

I shook my head. »I know.« Yeah, the nerve wracking jealousy from our bond was shitty.

As hard as it was for Cas and me, we still went to Valentin who was warmly dressed in a thick winter jacket and wore a brisk grin on his lips. And the thick winter jacket with fur wasn't even exaggerated.

Although many plants already grew in spring the wind was still frosty and snow still fell from time to time. Us wolves were not really affected by the cold, but in my case a winter jacket wasn't a bad idea.