21 - Achoo!

Nervously I rocked my foot, sitting at the dining table of my parents. My mother already put some pots filled with food onto the table and my father didn't show himself for one second while I was here.

Cal was still somewhere outside and Elli was hidden away in her room – allegedly, she needed to study or something like that. And with that, I sat alone at the table and watched my Mom setting the table.

»You could help me, son,« she hissed when she came into the room and watched me nibbling on my nails. I didn't bite them off but I got this stupid habit of nibbling at them.

»Aside from that, you don't need to be so nervous. Your father and I already met May and Maxim.«

Grim, I lifted my head and tried to knife her with my fiery look in my eyes. Sadly it didn't work as I hoped because one strict look of her was enough to shut me up. Her Medusa look was better than mine.

»I know that you already met them,« I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

»Even though, I already know to hundred percent that you will start exchanging too many embarrassing stories the moment you start chattering.«

Mom lifted her eyebrows and I swallowed hard. Shit.

I still had two options. Flee or die miserably. Maybe someone would come to save me? But with my luck nobody would come and would save me from Moms storm of questions. She would tear me apart, I was sure of that.

»Kyran-« she started but got cut off by the loud slam of the front door. My unknown hero.

»Mom! Did you wash one of my pants? Mine has grass stains, fell down while playing football!«

Annoyed, the woman across from me, groaned and I lowered myself even deeper inside my chair. The day couldn't get any worse. Caleb was my hero but he attracted her fury to himself.

Mom was revised and in addition to that she had her period – you could smell that from across the house. Dad hid himself because Mom had her period. Elli who rather studied stuff she already knew from memory.

And then there was Caleb who would rather play football and dirty his clothes that Mom could wash in the end.

In addition to that, Cas wasn't here which made me restless. He had some Alpha stuff to do and would come to us later. After all, he wanted to take every chance to get to know what I did in Canada.

So, I could only hope that May wouldn't be a hormone controlled beast and Maxim wouldn't try to tease me and tell them all our stories. And if both of them were quiet Naika wouldn't try running up the walls in anger.

God, what did I get myself into?

»I will take a look at it, dear!« Mom yelled as friendly as she could and then looked at me again.

Her eyes dug threateningly into me. »Finish setting the table. And stop nibbling on your nails, you make me nervous.«

With those words, she stomped out of the kitchen and I got to work, to set the table further. If I could make it work, that Maxim wanted to see our pack ward in the hospital I would reach my goal.

He would be happy; May wouldn't say anything and my parents would get such an input of information that they would stay quiet too. Maybe, Mom and May would stay here and drink tea – would be better.

Elli and Caleb were probably out of a visit to the hospital because they didn't take interest in that and Naika would probably go back to the others into the woods.

Just as I put the last plate onto the table Mom came back into the dining room and threw me a sour look. It got more and more clear why I was more interested in men. Women and their hormones were something I couldn't handle at all.