32 - Dispute

14. February.

The typical love day; after all it was Valentine's Day.

And inside myself I was already excited for whatever Cassian had prepared. He said we would spend the day together, but he didn't tell me what we were going to do.

A date! A real date!

Nervously, I sat in the living room and watched Chat and Fynn who polished knives and worked on bows and crossbows. Both of them were bored and Chat said it needed to be done again because he didn't use his weapons for a long time now.

Wherever he got those weapons.

I glanced at the couch where Cameron and Genevieve were lying and texted with someone. Probably with each other, as far as I knew both of them. Rather communicating over the phone than over their voices, even though they were just across from the other.

But mostly, if they did it in that way, they talked about something no one should hear. And that happened pretty often.

However, right now I was the only one with a supernatural sense of hearing, so they could have talked in their room. Okay, I wasn't the only one, Fynn had godly senses after his awakening and Chat also had better senses than a normal human.

The others went to the training of the pack and obviously I didn't want to join them – after all my first date wasn't that far anymore!

Even though Enzo had more mental powers, he still had other magical powers, so he too loved to throw some spells at his opponents, but in the last few days he changed. He had a vision a few more times and it almost didn't change at all. There was still the darkness he couldn't describe and a bright light that made the darkness disappear.

Beneath his eyes were deep shadows that worried Emily and us others pretty badly. That's why they forced Enzo to join them at the training, so he could distract himself.

»Bullshit...« Genevieve mumbled in English and got our attention.

»What's wrong?« I asked worriedly and saw how she sat up and pushed her blond hair out of her face.

»My Mom wants me to return to Canada. My German isn't as good as yours and she doesn't want me to fail to graduate with good grades,« she said depressed and shook her head.

»Yours too?« Cameron grumbled.

»You need to go back?« Fynn asked and frowned.

»My parents too. They are insecure because I'm in the territory of another pack without being in the pack. Furthermore, they believe our Alpha will throw me out of the pack if I stay longer. For them, it's as if I would betray him,« Cameron explained and drove his finger through his hair with an annoyed expression.

»Then you seriously need to go back...« I mumbled thoughtfully. Sighing, both nodded.

»As fast as possible, right?« Again a nod from both. »Then let us take a look at tickets for a flight,« I offered and got up, they followed.

We went to my room in which I found Coffee sleeping on my bed. Cameron growled and leaned against the wall next to the door to flee as fast as possible if she woke up.

Genevieve hopped onto my desk while I opened the internet on my laptop.

»The next flight to Canada would be in two days, late-forenoon at 10:30 o'clock. You could get seats next to each other with a window,« I said, and both agreed that they would take those seats – I booked them. Genevieve hugged me with a sad expression – she didn't want to leave – before both left my room after thanking me for the help.