22 - A cold

»Achoo!«

Every head jerked to me and now eight widened eyes stared at me. The only ones that were only surprised and not horrified, were Maxim and Naika.

I dropped my arm down because I had lifted it up to sneeze into my elbow and now looked at everyone with pure calmness.

And then everything turned upside down.

Cassian was before me in seconds and cupped my head in his almost giant palms. Caleb jumped nervously up and down behind him and tried to get a look at me. Dad came up to me just as fast as my mate and doctor Taylor pushed Cas away to touch my throat and pushed open my mouth to look inside.

»Could I maybe stop this ridiculous circus!?« Maxim yelled over the heads of the upset people.

I was glad that he stopped them. Because doctor Taylor was about to call a nurse to prepare a room and wanted to do all kinds of tests on me. Please no.

»I find it inappropriate that you want to stop this, doctor Ramsay,« our pack-doctor growled sharply. Maxim wanted to answer him, obviously pretty angry, but Naika was faster.

Annoyed, she groaned and rolled her eyes. Everyone looked at her. »If everybody would calm down now,« she growled exasperated. »Thank you,« she then thanked us, snappy and rolled her eyes again.

»Kyran, inside the car,« she ordered me and pointed down the hallway that would lead to the exit.

»I need the car keys or someone will drive us. And because we can't go to our house, we need to go to the Beta-house. Well then, Mr. Crimson. Would you please move? And moreover! My father treated Kyran much longer and knows how to handle his condition instead of a doctor that cared for him just for a short amount of time!«

Bewildered, my father blinked at my abroad sister and didn't move a muscle just like him, the others were frozen up.

»I'm going to the car,« I said and turned around to make my way to my father's car. Mostly because I wanted to get out of this tense situation.

»Stop right there, young man!« my father barked loudly and I flinched. I already feared him but Mom was worse. »You are staying inside this hospital!«

»But I just caught a cold.« Resigned I sighed and drove my finger through my blond hair.

»And with just a cold everything started,« Dad growled back and closed the distance between us.

»And now what? It's just a cold and I won't get rid of it by staying here. So, could you all calm down?«

Prompting, I looked through the round and then took notice of Cassian's uneasy and worried look. He should stop with that.

»So, and now the keys, please. Or would you be so nice to drive us, Dad? I can already see Naika threatening eyes and I want to follow her orders fast.«

Still not satisfied, my father snorted but then passed by. His stomping steps sounded loudly through the hallway.

Maxim stayed at the hospital because he wanted to exchange some information with doctor Taylor, mostly giving him pointers if I get sick again and something in that direction.

And with Pa staying at the hospital, we had a free seat for Cas. No one tried to say something, only the quiet voice from the radio sounded and took away the tension.

The moment we arrived at the home of my parents, Naika grabbed my arm and dragged me inside. On the way up to my bedroom I sneezed again and could hear Cassian whimpering in panic and Dad's curses that I should have stayed at the hospital.