13 - Old friends

Hearty laughing, I waved at the audience before the curtains closed and we left the stage.

My hair was sweaty, and my throat was itchy from all the singing, but no wonder after not using my voice like that for a few years.

I didn't finish coming down the stairs when old friends from another band greeted me.

Mostly, I was happy to meet the female singer of that group again. Her name was Hayden Summers – I only knew her from the performances or small meet-ups but we enjoyed meeting each other every time, now even more after so long.

After I left my band, when I still lived in Germany, I hadn't had the chance to meet her although we considered each other as friends.

»Well, look who we got there. The long-lost singer. Congratulations on your return.«

Laughing, she hugged me, and I joined in her lively laughter.

»Nice seeing you again too, Hayden.« She was just a few centimeters smaller than I and had black hair with dyed fiery red tips. Her eyes were brown, just like mine.

»Yeah, nice meeting you again, Kyran.«

For some time, we exchanged stories between our groups before their group got called to prepare themselves. Shortly, she kissed my cheek before she disappeared with her group.

Slightly lifting the corners of my lips I lifted my eyebrows and left backstage just to dive into a crowd of drunk, dancing and joyful people.

»Lucien, Lucien, Lucien, Lucien! Did you hear us! Kyran sang! Kyran sang! You are a great shrink! You were right that he will go with the flow if he just stands on the stage!« Flora screamed and stormed to her brother who looked exposed at his sister.

Busted, Delta, I thought and shook my head slightly, so no one noticed it.

Smiling, I patted Flora's head as I stood next to her and nodded thankful to Lucien before I walked past them and stopped in front of my friends.

Lucien did me something good with his choice and I couldn't comprehend my thankfulness in words. But I didn't need to speak up because one look at the Delta and he knew what I couldn't say.

Silently my friends watched me, which made me kind of nervous and started to rock my foot. And then, all of a sudden, I got run over and couldn't stop my unmanly scream.

Goddammit, someday she will kill me with her stormy personality!

»You sound like an angel!« Leandra screamed into my ear and I could just moan in pain because my ears were already over sensitive because of the volume of the speakers and crowd.

»Don't scream like that! Our ears still hurt!« Ethan yelled who leaned over my face and made me squint my eyes.

»Oops.« Yes! Oops!

Grimly, I looked up to him and could finally stand up because Lea got up from me and jumped happily between her brothers.

»Well, I would have preferred punching him.« Indignant, I looked at Zack who normally would never ever say something like that. What was going on in the head of that vampire? What happened to the contention hater?

He seemed to catch my look and widen his eyes knowingly in shock. »Gods, not you, Kyran! I wanted to punch Ethan!«

Slightly I rolled my eyes. He could find another opportunity to punch Ethan. The guy provoked so much that I wondered how his nose was still in a perfect position.

Then my eyes wandered to Cassian who leaned casual against the bar and watched me with sparkling eyes. He didn't need to say something to my performance because the sparks in his eyes told me enough. It was enough of an answer that he thought that this performance was fantastic.