Side-Story: 11

Side-Story: 11 - What if...? - Part 4

Cassian

Almost half a year had passed. Almost 6 months and Kyran wasn't getting any better.

He was suffering and in pain. His condition got worse day by day.

I was helplessly watching while the man I loved fell into an abyss he wasn't able to come out from.

My father had ordered to keep quiet about Kyran's condition. And I understood why. After all, he was my future Beta and it could cause distress in the pack if they knew.

Still, we explained it to our closest friends. Well, only Kyran did because Caleb was already aware of it.

At first, Ethan was very angry because Kyran left their band without saying anything. But after talking to me about it, we came to the agreement that he should at least tell Ethan. His best friend deserved to know. And after we had told him, he apologized to Kyran and expressed his concerns.

Right now we were in his bedroom and a movie showed on the screen of his laptop. I wasn't really paying attention to it because I was watching over the sleeping Kyran who was cuddled to my side.

He was throwing up all night and had a high fever that wouldn't calm down. I was at his side for the whole night though Tristan told me I could go home.

I didn't want to. I didn't want to leave his side.

In the last few months I cried more than Kyran did though he was the sick one. Ugh, I was really a crybaby like he always teased me.

Kyran told me I shouldn't think about it, but I still couldn't shake the feeling off that it was my fault that he was sick. Our relationship. My feelings for him. The wrongness of our Alpha-Beta-relationship.

Mumbling something in his sleep, he sighed before his eyelids fluttered open.

»Sorry...« He yawned. Shadows were beneath his eyes and his skin was sickly pale. His eyes were strangely empty, though they lit up when he looked at me.

And only his feelings for me let me stay with him. If it would heal him, I would get away from him as far as I could. I would ignore my own feelings and desire to be with him. But when he looked at me like that, I couldn't. I just couldn't leave him and break his heart when he needed me the most.

»Did I miss much of the movie...?« He blinked at the screen and yawned again. Most of the time, when we were together, he fell asleep from exhaustion.

»Oh... I must have if we are already at that part...« He rubbed his eyes and then looked at me. »Sorry again for falling asleep.«

»No, no, don't be. The movie is boring anyway, I almost fell asleep too,« I lied.

Offended he grabbed his heart and for a moment I thought he really got a heart attack. But he just gasped shocked and frowned angrily.

»How dare you?! That is my favorite movie! The Legend of Zorro is not boring!«

Oh, shit.

»Uneducated, Alpha,« he grumbled and turned away from me.

Quickly, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him on my chest. I pushed the laptop aside with my foot.

»Sorry, sweetheart. The movie isn't boring at all. I just rather watched you.« He snorted and then nuzzled his cheek on my chest and looked me in the eyes.

»I could fall asleep right away again,« he mumbled and sighed, easing his tense expression completely.

My hand stroked over his back and under his shirt. Over the warm skin of his back. Along his spine.