40 - Pet name

Nervously, I rocked my foot up and down while I nibbled on my nails without biting them off.

It was today. Today was Cassian's birthday. And thank god I found a relatively good present just in time, he will certainly enjoy – well, I at least hoped.

»You make me nervous,« Fynn grumbled and looked up from his cornflakes bowl. Toby sat next to him and nibbled on a slice of toast and turned to me when Fynn addressed me.

»Let him be, baby. He'll be announced as Luna today. That's a pretty big thing for a wolf,« Toby defended me and pulled Fynn closer to him which made the blond grumpy sigh.

»You can be glad that I won't hit you, thank Toby for that.«

I slightly rolled my eyes and jumped onto my feet and walked up to my room. It was the weekend, to be exact Saturday.

In the yard behind the Alpha-house, which also was at the edge of the forest, would be the party. Kiana, my mother, Elli and the mothers of Flora und Lucien and Kate helped with the preparations for the food.

Even Zack helped the five women. At first the mother of the twins and the mother of the future Gamma were skeptical because of the foreign vampire but after seeing how well he cooked and baked they welcomed him with open arms.

»Open the door!« I heard it from outside and did as ordered.

Not even two seconds later Sean, Leandra and Ethan came into my room with a big basket full of clothes. The two guys even carried bags and some other things.

»What're you guys doing?«

I watched the three how they put their stuff on my bed and shooed Coffee out of my room, who answered that with a loud hiss.

»Shut up!« Sean yelled after her.

»Because we've known you for a long time by now, we clearly know that you won't put any effort into your styling. Even though today is the birthday of your mate and in addition to that you will be announced Luna. And you will take over the leadership of the pack,« Leandra said and pushed me to my desk chair and forced me to sit on it.

»And we can't afford that, so we will take over your make-over. You can be glad that you already showered in the morning so I don't need to force you to do it now. Now to the choosing of your outfit!«

Overburdened I looked to Sean who only grinned broadly and when my sight wandered to Ethan, he grinned even wider. Those idiots!

She got a folded white shirt and a black waistcoat and to that a black tie from the basket. After that she gave me black pants and black shoes that fit into a suit.

»Try this on!«

Still overburdened I looked down on the clothes in my lap and then up to the female vampire in front of me.

»Ugh.« She rolled her eyes, grabbed both guys and left my room. Before she closed the door behind her she poisoned me with her eyes.

»And now change!« With a loud BANG the door closed.

I really didn't want to make her wait long, mostly because I was scared of her which made me change quickly into the clothes she gave me and then looked down at me. Wasn't I too dressed up for his birthday?

Actually, I thought I could wear a dress-shirt underneath a polo-shirt and normal jeans and shoes. This whole dress-up made the situation look even bigger and it weighed down on me.

»Finished?« I heard Sean asking and answered with a »Yes.«

The three came back into my room and eyes me skeptical.