Side-Story: 9

Side-Story: 9 - What if...? - Part 2

Cassian

Rule number one: Don't tell anyone about our relationship.

Rule number two: No sex or any interaction that goes beneath clothes.

Rule number three: This relationship will not affect us in the future as Alpha and Beta.

Rule number four: Our future mates/partners will never know about this.

Rule number five:

»What else?« Kyran asked and bit down on the pencil. I watched him nibbling on the wooden pencil and thought about his question.

We already had four rules and I couldn't think of anything else. I could only think about the happiness that was consuming me. Kyran was my boyfriend. He had kissed me. He hadn't rejected me.

»Stop grinning like a love-sick idiot and say something,« he grumbled and poked me in the side.

»Uhm... How about... No interfering in the other's relationship after I turn 18?« My words were ridiculous. Until I found my mate and would be affected by the annoying attraction, I would only love Kyran.

And right now, I wanted to tear every man apart who would be in a relationship with him in the future. I wanted to interfere with his relationships if he ever had one after us. Of course he would have one.

If he wouldn't find his mate, he would find another man who he would fall in love with. A human, another wolf or another supernatural being.

Just thinking about him with someone else made my stomach twist.

»Hm... Good point. But when you find your mate, you won't be interested in me anymore, so it shouldn't be a problem.«

I grind my teeth and just nodded. I would sound snappy and angry if I answered him now.

Rule number five: Do not intervene into the relationships after the time limit of two years.

Two years. We had two years and I already felt as if time was slipping through my fingers. Like sand. As if I was on a beach and was running my fingers through the thin sand.

It wasn't enough and only because it wasn't enough time, I wanted to cry, scream and throw up.

Should we elope? Run away and never return? Give up on our pack and just love each other?

Love... Did he love me?

He hadn't said anything about it. He hadn't told me he loved me. He had only kissed me breathless and mindless before he said, if we wanted to do this we needed rules.

»Okay. I feel like we need more but I-«

Kyran stopped talking when I leaned against him and just put my head on his shoulder. He turned his head to me and watched me through his beautiful, kind eyes. The brown color that I loved so much. They made me want to bury myself in them.

»You okay?« Concern filled his face. I didn't answer, just savored the moment. I was already missing him though we still had time.

About two years. About three months had passed since my 16th birthday. So, only about 638 days were left for me to be with him. I would always be with him but not like this anymore.

»Sorry...« I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. »I'm just... already missing this.«

He was quiet and only stared at me. Slowly he raised his hand and stroked my cheek. I leaned into his touch and felt more like crying than before. Fuck...