34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?

Together we got onto Ethan's scooter. Before that he took a look at his father and wrote him a short message and left a glass of water and an aspirin behind, with a bucket too if he needed to throw up.

I had no idea where he took me but after seeing the Spotlight on after some time driving, I knew where we were going. And because the sun slowly went down, life started to bloom at the bar.

»Do we have a performance I didn't know about?« I asked as we dismounted his scooter and went inside through the backdoor. Ethan had the special ID with him.

»No, don't worry,« he laughed. »I work from time to time as a DJ. I get paid and because Dad doesn't work as well as before I need to bring some money home.«

I nodded thoughtfully and then caught sight of a familiar group of four.

»Yoshi,« I chuckled and the dark-haired guy with the red tips turned to me and laughed.

»What're you doing here? Your group isn't on today's list,« he said and greeted me with a fist-against-fist.

»Och, let him be,« Hayden cut in. »I love having my darling here.«

Agreeing with that, the other two girls nodded.

»Ethan, you have a performance again?« Hayden asked charmingly and turned to my best friend.

»You can bet your bra on that,« Ethan answered boldly and grinned slyly. Laurel rolled her eyes with a smug grin on her lip and made signs in my direction.

»No, I don't perform with Ethan. I only need a distraction. The counter will be my location for this evening,« I answered her silent question.

Her shoulders twitched while she held her hand over her mouth and grimaced amused. She laughed in her own silent way and it made her look cute.

»Have fun with that,« Maive said and petted my shoulder.

»I will come to you later, if you didn't go home by then,« Hayden yelled before the four left.

»The counter won't be much of a help,« Ethan said suddenly and put his hand in the pockets of his jacket.

Annoyed, I shrugged my shoulders. »I know that too. But I don't have any other ideas. And if I would run through the woods, I would hurt my paws and even more my already overstrained leg,« I grumbled.

»Good that I thought along. But don't overdo it. A small amount is enough,« he murmured and held, all of a sudden, a small package towards me.

»You're my savior and at the same time I could kill you for giving me this stupid wolfsbane. But anyway. See you later. Cheerio!«

He laughed loudly as I left the backstage area through the door that could be only opened from the inside – except you got the special key from the bartender. Too fast, I found my way to the counter and ordered a drink in which I put a bit of the powder.

Sceptically, I eyed the brown-orange liquid in which swam three ice cubes.

»Chin up and break a leg,« I mumbled and took the first sip. The liquid ran down my throat and immediately I had an uncomfortable feeling inside my throat.

It didn't really have a good taste but I felt the effect almost immediately which made it count as a good drink.

Hayden's band played for some time now and I had started drowning my sixth glass by now.

To my demise the alcohol didn't work as well as I wished it would. I wanted to forget the fight with Cassian or push it deep down to not feel affected by it, but nothing of that happened at all.