Side-Story: 1

[Authors Note]

Hello hello,

Side-Stories?! Huh?!
Yes! I had some ideas for some side-stories that include the orginal story and also the alternative ending. 
Those side-stories can include stories about not only our maincharacter but also the sidecharacters. Like Fynn and Toby for examble. So, to make more of you curious to read. 

Then, let yourselfs be surprised and dive into the Side-Stories of "I should be your Beta, not your Mate"!

LeseMate

Side-Story: 1 - Alternative ending to be continued... - Part 1

I grinned brightly when I heard the bell ring and a familiar scent filled my nose and mind. He was here.

He stopped in his tracks and waved at me, before he mouthed something and went to his seat. My shift was still ongoing and I couldn't just stop to greet my mate as I would like to, but I still returned a light smile and his waving.

Teddy and Naomi were pretty chill if it was about greeting one's boyfriend, but we still had customers I couldn't just leave alone.

After finishing their orders and also the order of Cas who had ordered at his table, I grabbed his order and went to him.

»Black coffee for my dearest«, I purred and kissed his cheek which left him smiling stupidly. »Your shift is almost over?«

I nodded and took a seat in front of him. He immediately grabbed my hand over the table and intertwined our fingers. »How was your day until now?« He lightly dropped his head left and right before he sighed.

»Just another day of listening to the professor and working on my assignment.«

I agreed to the struggle in his voice. I, too, was pretty tired from studying medicine. But I couldn't really afford to complain. At least not as long as I could make my dream come true. My father was a doctor too, though he didn't work at the moment, and I wanted to follow in his steps.

Our circumstances of not being in a pack made it pretty hard to find a place where we wouldn't intrude in a territory of a pack. And it made it a bit hard for my father to find a good job.

It wasn't always easy to live without a pack but we were happy. Well, at least I was. I couldn't speak for my mother who sometimes longed for the company of other pack members. However, my father and my siblings didn't seem to have the urge to get into a pack.

And now with my mate being a human, I also liked not being in a pack. I didn't want to force rules on him that would normally only inflict him if I was in a pack.

I still hadn't even told him what I was and it wasn't like it really mattered until now.

Of course, there was the thing with the marking, but we went out to a bar one evening in the little time-window of three days and I kind of got him drunk before making out with him.

We hadn't slept with each other and I wouldn't have wanted that, only because I wanted to mark him as mine. But I laid my mark on his neck at the very least.

As egoistic as it sounded, I wanted to live on to get the chance to get to know him.

If he still rejected me, if someday my secret would come out, I would let him go.

My soul would scream for him and I was sure I would go mad at some point, but I didn't want to force him more than I already did with the mark.

»And your day?«