20 - Gesture

»As much as I like holding your hand, your grip kind of hurts,« Cas whined after some time I dragged him with me.

I didn't care that the undergrowth scratched my naked feet and that the cold wind sent goosebumps over my skin. Cassian in contrast to me was warm like a heater. Let go of his hand? Over my dead body.

»Kyran, stop walking for a second.« He pulled against my hand and stopped me. I could have thought about that – he was after all stronger than me.

Sighing, I looked up to him and finally let go of his warm hand. Bye bye, warmth.

Warily he eyed my face before he drove his fingers through his fluffy brown hair.

»If you want to run, we can transform. Then the ground won't hurt our feet anymore,« he offered and I accepted without hesitation. Better like that then to freeze and further hurt my soles.

I grimaced at the short pain of the transformation and pushed my back to a hump and then I landed on my four white paws.

Vigorously, I shook my creamy fur with the white spots and then looked attentive to Cassian who still watched me with sparkling eyes. Gently he put his hand on my head and petted my soft fur. I pushed my body against his touch.

»Your fur color amazes me every single time,« he whispered, and I answered with a low growl.

His touch awoke too much inside of me. My heart was beating wildly, my skin tingled and my head seemed almost empty and only filled with thoughts about him.

And then suddenly, Cas didn't stand next to me but a beautiful dark-brown wolf.

His back and neck fur were both in a deep black just like his ears that had black mixed in from behind. He looked a little bit like a German shepherd.

The rest of his fur was in a dark coloured brown that it almost showed no contrast to the black color. However, because of his dark fur his green eyes shone much brighter.

He was about half a head bigger than me, which satisfied me. At least in our wolf form I was almost as big as he was and, in this form, I liked it that he was larger.

His face came closer to mine before he hesitantly sniffed at my nose. Immediately I sneezed and shook my head from the feeling. Did he really need to do that? I whined inside myself.

May always did that to me and I needed to sneeze every time.

Amused, I noticed that he started to shake his tail and looked at me with big eyes. Kind of purring I took a step nearer to him and pushed my head against his neck and rubbed it against his soft fur. Cassian responded to my gesture and rubbed his head against my body too.

I didn't remind myself of the time we spent just cuddling each other, I loved this feeling too much to care. However, after what probably were hours, I broke our cuddling off by playfully biting his ear and howled while jumping back and looked at him challengingly.

For a moment I seemed puzzled, seemed to be still overwhelmed by our bond in our wolf form, before he jumped forward and tried biting me in a playful manner.

I turned around in a circle and then stormed off. My head in my back, I let out a howl.

My legs carried me with such a speed through the woods that I couldn't see the trees I passed clearly.

My companion didn't take long to catch up to me and ran right next to me. We jumped over fallen tree trunks, bit each other playfully, ran around the trees and rolled through the dirt.

Growling I jumped at Cas from the side and jerked him to the ground. Again and again, we rolled down a hill and then I pinned him to the ground.

»Pinned ya I announced proudly and looked at him with shining eyes.