18 - Fynniboy

And then it was time. School was over and my friends made the last preparations.

As far as they knew I was somewhere in our village getting something – whatever that should be because Lea arranged everything so carefully that nothing was left out. In truth I was on my way to the airport – Elli lent me her car – and now I waited at the exit for five people.

Shortly after that my eyes caught sight of a little woman with dark-brown ringlets, blue eyes, and a small baby bump. Right next to her was a large man with light-brown hair and brown eyes that pulled two suitcases.

Behind the two of them I recognized a mesmerizing woman with golden hair and sparkling deep green eyes. The color was enchanting but nothing in comparison to Cassian's green eyes. Her figure was slender and tall.

Just like the younger image of her that walked next to the blond woman. The same golden-blond hair and green eyes.

A man with brown hair and blue eyes had one arm around the hip of the woman and pulled a suitcase with the other hand. The girl also dragged a suitcase behind her.

»Ma! Pa!« I yelled and waved at them while jumping up and down to get their attention. Brightly smiling, my abroad-mother saw me and ran up to me. I spread my arms, smiling like she did.

She was a little just like Naika, which always looked funny when they both stood next to Maxim and Toby because the men in their family were almost giants.

»My son that I didn't give birth to,« she laughed and put her arms around me. I hugged her tightly too and lifted her up for a short second before putting her down again. How I had missed her.

»It's good to see you again, Ma. And you too, Pa.« The older man tousled my hair with a smile and nodded. »We missed you too.«

After May sadly let go of me, I looked over to the three-headed family who belonged to Fynn. »Hey, I'm Kyran Crimson. A friend of Fynn, in a, I would say, relationship of love and hate.« Crooked, I grinned at the family and stretched out my hand.

»Charioce Thompson, but we two already know each other a little. It's nice of you to get in contact with us because of Fynn's birthday. We already feared that he wouldn't write to us and would just let his eighteen-birthday pass by,« Fynn's father introduced himself and shook my hand.

»He would have done that if our girls wouldn't have protested and planned the party against his will.«

Fynn had already planned for himself to stay inside his room and wait for the next day to come. Maybe he would have studied out for boredom – on his birthday!

»Nice to finally meet you, Kyran. I'm Carol Thompson.« Kindly, Mrs. Thompson smiled at me with a soft expression in her eyes, even though a warrior-like twinkle was hidden behind the softness – I knew that twinkle from Fynn.

»Hey, I'm Nina,« the younger version of Mrs. Thompson introduced herself.

»Now I understand why Fynn always talks about the beauty his little sister is,« I complimented her. She blushed and looked away. And in her eyes too, I saw the twinkle. Only Mr. Thompson didn't have it.

»Get in everyone.« I indicated to the van of Ellinor.

It was in a mint green color lacquered and had on one side a black writing. YOu are On the wOOdway. It was some insider inside her friend group and for them it had some special meaning so they needed to put it on her car. I never had the urge to ask what the special meaning was.

The van had two rows of backseats each with three seats and then three seats in the driver row – one obviously for the driver. So a typical van.

They all got inside while I sat behind the wheel and drove off. It took some time to reach my village where I left them at their hotel where they checked in and put their suitcases in their rooms.