Side-Story: 3

Side-Story: 3 - Alternative ending to be continued... - Part 3

Casimir

»He marked you! He already hurt someone!«

He was a wolf? How had I not noticed until now? We were already together for five months.

And he had marked me? That meant...

I was his mate. His destined one. The other half of his soul.

The shock about that realization and me not noticing it until now, hurt like thousands of knives stepping through my heart.

I knew about the rules of wolves, after all I grew up with them. I was aware that wolves needed to mark the other in a little time window of three days, if not they would die.

Would I have died too? Would I even have noticed when the other half of my soul died, because he considered my human side more than marking me without me knowing?

God, I didn't want to think about it.

I was thankful that he marked me. If not, I would have never been able to get to know him. To hold him in my arms. To kiss him. To hear his laughter. To gaze into those sparkling brown eyes.

How could I care about the fact that he wasn't part of a pack? It didn't matter to me at all. He mattered. And now, even more than before.

But what shocked me the most right now were my parents.

The way they pushed him away, without even getting to know him. Even attacked him. God, he was bleeding!

Just how-

A movement and a sudden quietness made me spin around.

First, I thought Eden had killed him. Horror and fear took over my body.

His whimpers and howls had filled my whole apartment just a second ago and shook me to the bone. And at that moment his screams in pain had stopped.

My head yelled in panic, He is dead, he is dead, he is dead

However, he spun around, bit Eden in his injured leg and ran away.

»Keith!«, I yelled his name in panic and followed him. Out of my apartment, down the stairs, following the trail of blood. But then it disappeared and so did he too.

»Keith?! Keith! Please answer me!«

Tears welled up as I desperately yelled for him.

Where was he? Did he faint somewhere? Was he bleeding out?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

I could call him! Leave a message! Anything. Just get to him.

My legs carried me back home as quickly as possible. Up the stairs, along the bloody trail that made me dreadful.

»Hunters? Really? I chased him away. That should be enough.«

I heard Eden's voice and stopped before I entered my apartment. »If there is one rogue, there are more. They need to get killed before they create more chaos«, father answered.

Anger spread from my heart through my whole boy, making me see red.

»The only one's creating chaos are you!«, I screamed at the top of my lungs. »How could you?! He is bleeding! Hurting! He might be dying for fucks sake!«

I stomped up to them and clenched my fist. Wanted to punch them, pull at their hair, scream into their faces.

»He marked you without your knowledge. He is a rogue. Do you want me to continue?«