19 - Stories over stories

Relaxed, I sighed and pressed my body closer against the heat source and rubbed my head against the solid ground.

Quietly someone giggled and I pulled a dissatisfied grimace. This someone should stay quiet. I wanted to sleep and squeeze my body against the heat source! Be quiet!

»Kyran...«

Gently someone stroked my hair, but I still refused to open my eyes and pressed my face even more against the solid ground. Quiet!

»Kyran, we should get up now and this position is a bit uncomfortable for my back...«

I still refused and snorted in protest. He should get the fuck away. I wouldn't move one limp, not when it was this comfortable and warm.

A quiet laugh sounded in my ears before the hand that just stroked me petted my hair further – again and again. Hm... Keep going...

»It's already noon and the sun is high up in the sky...« Growling I closed my eyes even further.

»And what should I do now? Photosynthesis?«

With that, I had spoken my word of power and took in the scent of the heat source that smelled so good it made me slumberous. I wanted to stay here forever.

»I don't care if you want to be a plant. But my back hurts and I need to go to the toilet,« he whined.

Mad, I opened my eyes and lifted my head up, just to look flabbergasted right away in the green eyes of Cassian. What was he doing here?

He was laying on his back and I was on top of him. One of my legs was wrapped around him and I didn't want to question how I did that. My arms were wrapped around one of his arms while his free hand was inside my hair and stroked me gently. Oh, shit!

Mischievous and amused he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes before I rolled off his naked chest and pressed my face in his thousand pillows. Tried to hide my completely blushed face.

Cursed mate-bond!

And even more cursed were his pillows that smelled so incredibly and were covered in his scent! This whole room and more he himself were cursed for carrying such an amazing scent!

Cursed, cursed, cursed!

»Are you finished growling into my pillows out of frustration?«

Growling, I turned my still red head to the side and saw Cassian standing next to his bed. His upper body was still naked and I didn't even want to start enthusing over his muscles, otherwise I would never come to an end.

How I cursed this attraction!

I could let him more in and overall, could give this bond a chance. But our past still stopped me from that. I was about to forgive him for most of the things he had done, however I still carried scars on my soul and heart that would never disappear – just like the scars on my body.

I wanted to get to know his new self and at the same time I wanted to push him away from me, wanted to scream at him and more. I only stayed sane for the sake of the pack and my responsibility as the future Luna.

But still, how could I even take responsibility for that role correctly?

And again, my head was about to explode. All the thoughts about an heir hunted me down my sanity.

Thoughts about who was the Beta of the pack now. Thoughts about Cassian and I and how we could manage this bond if we never completed the bond. Thoughts about that I could and would never completely accept him. Thoughts about my sickness and that it could return. Thoughts about my professional career and if that even could exist.