49 - Rescue?

I had never seen Maxim drive so fast. I, of course, was aware that he mostly drove fast when he needed to get to the hospital for an operation quickly but driving this fast risked our own life's.

Sometimes I even had the feeling the car was flying when we drove when the road went a little downwards.

I knew we needed to get to the hospital quickly and that was probably the reason why Maxim speeded the car so fast. After all, the life of the Luna of his pack was at risk.

Squeezing my lips together, I clung harder at my seat and the dashboard of the car. Speed good be nice – this was a direct drive to hell.

Maybe Maxim should stop being a doctor and be a racer.

»Kyran, call May and tell her that we needed to go to the hospital. Don't tell her the details, she already had enough to do with Elias. Only tell her about the operation,« he ordered and I immediately loosened my hard clasp on the dashboard and pulled out my phone from the pocket of my jacket.

May shouldn't worry if we weren't at home – unannounced.

The call rang for a long time, nobody answered. Maxim noticed too that nobody answered before I could say anything.

»Okay, she probably left her phone at home.«

Strained, he frowned and passed another driver who honked and just when we pulled over before him the engine howled and we drove even quicker.

»Is she together with Naika and Toby?« I asked and immediately he nodded. Then I had one person I could call.

Quickly I looked for his contact and the call didn't even need to ring two times before he answered.

»Kyran? What do you want?« Fynn's annoyed voice sounded.

As much as he always was annoyed with the sounds when he got new messages or calls, he never put his notification on silent – for emergencies. And I could let Fynn win a fight without any resistance for that right now.

»Fynn, are May and the others with you?«

»Yes, what do you want?«

»Perfect, tell them that Pa and I need to go to the hospital because of an emergency. You just shouldn't worry when we aren't at home.«

»Sure. What's happened?«

»I can't tell you the details.«

And then I hung up and already saw the massive building of the hospital.

Maxim parked where normally only ambulances could halt and that with such a stop that my body jerked forward. Together we jumped out of the dark blue race car and ran inside the building.

Instead of taking the elevator we ran up the stairs and on the right floor doctor Hue quickly walked up to us. He would have done the operation if it was possible, but this wasn't his area of expertise whatever awaited us.

»Room 2,« he informed us when we ran to the changing room and put on the dark blue gowns. With giant and quick steps, we hastened to the operation room and on the way, he read all the information about the injuries.

»Maxim!«

Both of the doctors stopped and looked together with me to the Alpha who supported his body by holding on to the doorframe.

»Save my wife and child.«

The sight of him looked so desperate that it tore me apart from the inside and at the same time it gave me the strength to do my best. The operation couldn't fail.