8 - Swimming

Startled, I flinched as a tray got thrown onto the table right next to me and looked up in shock to see Cassian's face who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

The other also sat down but needed to place another table next to ours so we all could sit together.

»What do you think Coffee is doing right now?« Naika mumbled pensively and pulled me out of my frozen state. Confused, I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

Coffee slept in my bed at my feet tonight and laid on my lap while we ate breakfast.

If we hadn't distracted her with food while we went out to go to school, she somehow would have followed us. It already seemed like Coffee had nothing other than me in her little head. She was really clingy.

»Probably nothing good. Those devil incarnations never have something good up to their minds,« Cameron grumbled and tried to distract us, who were here at the time, and himself from the vision – he just looked like that.

He was worried because Enzo's words just couldn't mean anything good and we all knew that Enzo's vision always prophesied horrible dangers. But they were so unclear that it was hard to predict what the danger was.

Emily still looked worried at her older brother who just starred at the tabletop.

What was he thinking right now?

As far as he had explained it to us he wouldn't be able to see clear pictures from the vision for the next few hours however, the first impression was already important enough. He saw pure darkness. But what could that alone mean and what was with those confusing words?

»By the way, how old are you? If I'm allowed to ask that.« Interested Cassian looked at the three vampires who tensed up and looked grimly back at Cassian.

»Enzo's warning is still valid. Be aware of what you drink and eat,« Lea growled and showed her fangs. »It's okay, Sis,« Zack said soothingly and put his hand on her shoulder.

»Sean is the oldest with 113 years. I'm 110 and Leandra is 102 years old.«

Zack was always the one that hated stress and fights that's why he always got in the way before it could escalate. Sean was the one that would throw his fist, but the true beast of the Anderson siblings was Leandra.

»Is something wrong, Enzo? You are so quiet today.« Worried, Genevieve noticed Enzo's condition and tilted her head. Some of her blond strands fell over her face which is why she pushed them behind her ear.

»Everything's fine. Just tired from the jet lag,« Emi answered before Enzo could say anything. She met eyes with her brother, and he nodded in agreement.

Immediately every one of our friend group knew what was wrong. Their short eye contact was like a code word for us.

My little brother, just like Cassian, Lucien and Kate didn't need to know about Enzo's visions. Firstly, we should think about it ourselves before we start some big drama.

»Say, Kyran. Did you already forgive Cassian?«

Confused, I looked over to Caleb who eyed me and my seatmate.

»You two sit there all cuddled up, so I thought you two already got closer.«

Flustered, my eyes went wide before I turned my head to Cassian who looked down at us in confusion.

Unknowingly we leaned against each other and laced our hands together.

Hectically I pulled my hand away from him and put a relatively big distance between us that he just watched with an empty look in his eyes.