Side-Story: 15

Side-Story: 15 - A new stage of life - Part 2

Kyran

I dragged my tired limbs out of the operation room to the next bathroom. It was my last operation for the day though I wasn't even planned for this one. However, it wasn't like anyone was planned for it.

It was an emergency operation and all the other doctors already went home or were in their own operations.

A heavy sigh released the tension in my body as I leaned over the sink in the bathroom and held my head under the cool water.

I was tired. Really tired.

»Cooling off?« I turned around as I recognized the voice of my teacher. It was the human that taught me everything though I hadn't gone to university to study medicine.

»Ezhno,« I called his name. It was still weird for me to call him by his first name and not by his surname - Lone Wolf. Could I even call it his surname? It was more of a title or a calling in his tribe.

My teacher had tanned skin and straight black hair that was tight into a low ponytail. His eyes were just as dark as his eyes. He was one of the native americans that got called Indian in the common tongue by most of the people.

Ezhno may be part of a tribe but he was wandering around to learn more about medicine. And now he has been here for a few years and learned some of our ways. As well, he teached me everything he had learned over the years of wandering.

His tribe called him Lone Wolf because he was once a part of a pack - their tribe - but now was wandering around alone. But he was still a human though he was called otherwise.

Ezhno told me his tribe would always welcome him back but he wanted to learn more. The world was too big for him to stay with his tribe.

Still, it was weird in the beginning to always call him Mr. Lone Wolf or Master Lone Wolf - he liked to be called Teacher or Master. However, after years of learning under his hand, I wasn't quite used to calling him by his first name.

He lifted his left eyebrow and smirked.

»Sorry, yeah, my legs and head are killing me.« He laughed loudly and moved out of the way so I could leave the bathroom. My hair was still dripping wet but the cool feeling on my head gave me a clear mind.

»Don't ya worry. I already called ya husband to take you home.«

Thankful, I nodded but couldn't really comprehend his words. Only after I smelled Cas scent in the hospital lobby did I understand.

»You really need to close your eyes,« Cas mumbled when he arrived in front of me and hugged me. I leaned my forehead against his chest and took his scent in with a few deep breaths.

Gosh, his scent alone gave me the energy to stand properly on my legs again.

»Thank you for calling, Ezhno.« I couldn't see Cas's face but I just knew how soft his expression was.

»No problem. My student tends to overwork himself.« My teacher patted me on the head. I could already feel his smirk.

»Yeah, he got that from his abroad-father.« Maxim. I still needed to call him about a patient we had discussed together. We sometimes video chatted and talked about some problems and patients we had. And I still wanted to know what had happened in the end to one of his patients he had consulted me about.

If I remembered correctly, Toby and Fynn should be in Canada right now. They were visiting Fynn's family. Of course, Toby's family too. Even more because Elias nagged Toby all the time why he wasn't coming as often as Naika and I did.