10 - Kiss

I breathed harder while I pushed my sweaty hair back and wiped the sweat from my face.

The sun was about to sink but there were still some who trained further. It wasn't like I was addicted to sports but right now it felt good to let go of all the tension I gobbled up.

»Your reaction time decreases.«

Abruptly Zack stood in front of me and swirled with a roundhouse kick around and kicked his leg just right above my head. If I hadn't ducked in the last second, he would have hit my head and I would be lying on the ground with a throbbing head.

With a clenched fist I tried hitting him, but he just defended against it by grabbing my fist and using a little bit of his vampire strength.

»The power in your punches decreases too.«

Panting I wiped away the sweat on my forehead again and frowned. My legs hurt from all the running and the kicks just like the rest of my body. I considered skipping school tomorrow because of the muscle cramp I probably would get.

I wanted to run at him but he just stepped one step to the side and I stumbled past him and hit the ground with my face first.

»Let us stop for today, Ky. Going on like that doesn't make sense. You're too exhausted.«

Heavily breathing in and out I turned on my back and laid my arm over my eyes. »Let's stop then.«

I already imagined him rolling his eyes at my salty voice. He hated quarrels but we still had some tactics to get on his nerves.

»I will go see what Leandra is doing with your future Gamma. Both of them seem exhausted too but won't stop.« His steps distanced themselves from me and I just breathed out for a long time without saying anything.

The training sessions in Canada were more exhausting. There we only trained for two hours and I was in the state I was now – that didn't mean we stopped after two hours; most sessions went on for 4 or more hours.

But here we already spent double the time and I was at the end of my strength just now. If the opponents were stronger or the Gamma had a stricter and harder training plan I couldn't tell. Because our Gamma now wasn't one that showed mercy easily.

Well, and the condition of my body also played a part in the exhaustion, though I hold my stamina longer on land than in water.

»You look exhausted.«

Slightly I lifted my arm and met Cassian's green eyes. He didn't wear a shirt – even in his cold – and around his muscles gleamed beads of sweat. Shit, put something on! I'm also just a man!

The feeling that spread inside of me was probably only because of the mark on my nape but I needed to admit that he looked fucking hot. Too hot.

»You share the same look,« I noticed after eying his face and his completely wet hair and his chest that quickly rose and fell.

»True. But that is only because I fought with Sean and Fynn. The speed of that vampire is enormous and to get a chance to react it takes damn concentration. In addition to that comes his strength that makes it even harder. And I don't want to start talking about Fynn. We fought three times and I lost all the fights. Your friends are extraordinaire.«

Slightly smiling I nodded and left my arm on top of my eyes.

»Say, Cassian. I seriously don't want to start talking about that now, but I just need to confirm it. You seriously won't try to get an offspring in some other way? The pack needs an heir and only you can give them the next Alpha, not I.«