Side-Story: 5

Side-Story: 5 - Alternative ending to be continued... - Part 5

Keith

My body felt stiff when I came to me. At least, I wasn't dead. My family would have killed me if I had just bled out.

Heavily, I took a deep breath before I froze. This heavenly smell... It couldn't be.

Abruptly I jerked open my eyes and flashed my head around. Goddammit, I knew this room, this bed, this ceiling, this fucking fluffy bed. How the fuck did I end up here?

Panic erupted inside of me and if I had thought for a minute my body was stiff, it didn't matter anymore. I propped my body up with my elbows before I swung my legs down from the mattress and used all my might to get on my feet.

Hell, everything was spinning.

Stumbling to the side, I grabbed my head and tried grabbing something else to catch me, but just stumbled against a chair that stood next to the bed and fell into it. The legs of the chair scraped over the ground and I cursed under my breath.

If he was home and heard me-

The door to his room was open and if he really was home, he would have heard. But nobody came to me. Screaming, throwing things, threatening me. Holy shit. Maybe I walked here while I was unconscious?

Did I... break into his home?

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My stomach hurt from all the moving but I was sure that I wasn't bleeding. One suspicious look down at my, what should be a bloody mess, belly and I saw a thick bandage wrapped around me.

Okay, I definitely didn't break into his home. He brought me here on his own.

I couldn't stop my heart from warming up. Couldn't stop the tears from wetting my eyes. Couldn't stop me from feeling hope and love.

This was stupid. So damn stupid.

Maybe he had just brought me here because he wanted to get revenge on me and couldn't just let me die there. Fuck, I almost bled out on a damn bathroom floor.

I shook my body in disgust. It wasn't like I was sensitive to cleanliness but I still didn't need to lie on a public bathroom floor.

Would my body carry me out of this building without collapsing again? I wasn't sure.

Annoyed about my weakness, I bit my lower lip and pushed my body up again. This wasn't going anywhere if I just sat here and argued with myself.

Dizziness made my head spin as I stumbled into the living room. One longing look to the couch where we had often cuddled before I rested against his kitchen. Shit, I wasn't going anywhere if this was going on like this.

Suddenly a key clicked in the front door and Casimir came in with a shopping bag in one of his hands. His head jerked to me when he saw me leaning against his kitchen.

His mind needed a second to process before his eyes went wide. »You should be lying in bed!« He dropped the bag and quickly walked over to me.

Worried, his eyebrows furrowed together and he cupped my face. »Are you alright? You look a bit weak. Let me help you to the bed or at least the couch.«

Confusion hit me with a hammer. He wrapped his arm around my hip before he led me to his couch where he laid me down.

»I know you are probably confused as hell but first let me cook something for you. You slept for two whole days, you must be starving.«

He checked again if everything was alright, even checked the bandage and then went to the door to get the shopping bag. I watched him as he started to cut some vegetables and put them into a pot to boil. From the smell it was soup.