16 - Witch

My eyes were concentrated on my books just like Zacks, Emily's, Naika's and Genevieve's.

My Canadian sister had her eyes on the screen of her laptop and just looked now and then at her biology book to filter out the information. She needed to prepare a presentation that was in the next few days and worked on it now.

Zack did something for math, Emi history and Genevieve tried to touch up her German language skills.

Annoyed, I pushed up my glasses after they slid down again. Normally, I didn't wear glasses but, on some days, I needed it to see something. Since I overcame the worst times of my sickness my sight sometimes got worse and, on those days, I wore glasses.

If my sight stayed bad for a few days I rather used contact lenses because it annoyed me that my glasses always slide down. But in a normal case I just needed to wear them for one or two days, mostly not more.

In the background the others watched TV. Chat, Cameron, Toby, Leandra, and Sean all laid on the couch and watched some random show. But after hearing them loudly screaming the word goal; I knew they were watching hockey. Even though they weren't fanatics regarding hockey - except for a few of them - and wouldn't normally watch a game of their own free will.

They all were more of an older generational thinking that made them play board games – or some similar games – or they would rather go outside. TV and hockey, really unusual. Though we went to a few hockey games back in Canada and I enjoyed it.

The grumpy blond was in his room and studied there. He said he couldn't study with all those noises. And I understood him better than one would think. But if I would choose to study in my room, I would find my bed more interesting and would fall asleep.

Well, and there was Enzo who strolled through the woods and gathered some herbs. He wanted to brew some potion; I didn't want to know about it. And with that decision, he was the only one that would leave the house in those temperatures. One needed to mind that the temperatures were mostly around zero or even negative. But compared to the cold in Canada the temperature here was a joke.

The bell rang and I stood up, sighing. Still, I felt relieved. I just wanted to study but all the formulas made me want to throw up. For what did I even need them? Just for school!

As I got closer to the front door a familiar tingle went through my body – I already felt it before. Felt him, how he closed the distance between us. That he was on the way to me. And because of that the relief probably came. Relieved that he would free me from the formulas.

Hectically I pulled open the door and I caught sight of the tall brown-haired young man with the lush green eyes. Even as a little boy I was jealous of those eyes and still was. But somehow our eyes fit each other.

My brown reflected the earth, the branches and tree trunks while his green mirrored leaves, plants, and shrubs. Together our eyes showed the play of a forest.

Still, even though I liked that explanation, I was jealous of this unique color that was much more beautiful than my brown.

He grinned brightly before he frowned in confusion and only his lips were still lifted to a weird smile. »Since when do you wear glasses?«

I let him come inside and he removed his shoes and followed me into the living room. Silently, I watched him as he put away his thick boots and his warm winter jacket that had from the inside and at the hood fake fur.

Although our bodies were warm on their own, we didn't need to walk around naked – t-shirts and shorts were mostly cold too.

»Now and then. Get used to it. My eyes sometimes hate me,« I teased him playful to start with a comfortable tension between us and laughed quietly to maybe make him laugh too and hear his heart-warming laugh again.