Chapter 15

~Mike's POV~

"Deal, Ali."

Ali... I never trusted her. She was all innocent at first, but then... She showed her true colors.

I'm pretty sure (Y/N ) knew a lot more about her. They used to be best friends, until she betrayed Ali. But that was just Ali's side of the story.

"Mike!"

"Wha-?" I looked up, only to see Ali staring at me. She trotted over.

"Now you wanted to know how I can get your friend out of jail, eh?"

I slowly nodded. She snickered and pulled a badge out of her pocket. It had "FBI" written on it.

"Used to work with 'em. 'Til I quit, that is." She smirked, shoving the badge back into her pocket. I glanced at (Y/N). She shrugged.

Wait, how'd she even get in here?

Dangit, I'd forgotten to lock the door again. I bit my lip.

"Well, let's figure out how we're gonna get him out of court innocent," (Y/N) muttered.

***
~Your POV~

You weren't sure if Ali could really get Vincent out of court innocent or not, but you were sure you couldn't, so it was worth a shot, right?

You shook your head.

Ali gripped her knife and walked over to you.

"Oh, and just because I'm helping you, that doesn't mean I still don't hold a grudge. So don't go anywhere alone when I'm around." Ali hissed, waving her knife in your face. The meaning was clear: she was still out for revenge, even after all these years.

Then she put her knife away and left the office.