Chapter 38

~Ali's POV~

But as soon as those words spilled out of my mouth, something happened.

Someone pushed me out of the way.

I hit the ground, my knife slipping out of my hand and clattering to the floor beside me.

"What the..." I muttered under my breath.

I tried to get up, but as soon as I tried, someone pushed me back down.

Slowly, I tried to get up again.

But this time, they let me up.

I grabbed my knife before getting to my feet.

I turned around and came face to face with Mike.

"Well if it isn't Mike Schmidt..." I growled. "Here to save Jeremy, I suppose?" I said, running my finger along the blade of my knife.

Before he could respond, I lashed out, cutting his stomach. It wasn't a deep cut, but it would do.

He gritted his teeth.

"What did I ever do to you!?" He snarled through gritted teeth. "What did Jeremy ever do to you!? What did Vincent ever do to you!?"

I laughed.

"You're hurting innocent people, Ali!" He shouted.

I chuckled.

"Not everyone is innocent." I muttered.

Then I put my knife's blade on his arm and swiftly dragged it down his arm up to his wrist, cutting him badly.

He punched me in the stomach, sending me backwards a bit.

"I'd be saving your little 'friends' right now instead of fighting me if I were you." I hissed.

"Yeah, cause I'm wasting my time. I'd win against a moron like you."

At that, I frowned.

But then I raced at him and knocked him to the ground. I pinned him down.

I managed to cut the side of his face before he shoved me off.

I scrambled to my feet.

He was bleeding badly, but he managed to get to his feet.

I laughed.

"M-Mike..." Jeremy stuttered. "We-We need to get out of here... N-Now..." His neck was still bleeding a bit from where I had cut it.

Mike glared at me. "Fine... Let's go, Jeremy..."

"Wait, what about Vincent, Mike...?"

I looked down at my reflection in the blade of my knife, which had bloodstains all over it.

"Yeah, what about Vincent?" I growled, smirking.

***

~Your POV~

You blinked awake.

"Where am I..." You mumbled, looking around.

You suddenly realized you were in a hospital.

You then realized Scott was sitting next to you, but you didn't see anyone else.

"Sc-Scott, what happened? Why am I in a hospital?"

He shook his head.

"Ali... She-She came to the pizzeria... She shot you in the arm and knocked you out... The guys told me to get you to the hospital..."

Your eyes widened.

"S-So... Vincent and the others are still back there... with Ali...!?"

Scott let out a sigh, but then nodded slowly.